Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(cross-posted from Consimworld)

I have been slowly making preparations for this year's WBC World at War Tournament. At this point, I need to start selecting scenarios for the tournament. The tournament is single elimination with a mulligan round preceding the first. My plan is to select three "official" scenarios for each round from which participants can chose.

So, if you have some experience playing WaW, I would like to hear some opinions on what scenarios are well balanced. Ideally, I would like to have one scenario from each of Eisenbach Gap, DOFP, and B&B available for each round.

Once I get some suggestions/opinions, I'll get with John Vasilakos (my asst GM) and Mark to make the final selections.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening Moves definitely. Low counter density, well balanced, plays quickly with experienced players. Bloody as hell too.

Are you planning on having the battles get bigger in each round with larger forces on each side or are you going with small and manageable each time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the turnout for the tournament, I would like to go to larger scenarios in the semi-finals and finals.

I agree, First Moves is a great little scenario, and it clearly demonstrates the differences inherent to both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.