Hera and Zeus» Forums » General

Subject: Csn this game be played by one player playing a two-player game ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I see no solo variant,for obvious reasons,, but can one player play both players ?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sargent
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The game is based on not knowing your opponent's cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could play this solo I suppose, but I can't imagine it would be that interesting. The interesting part of the game is the hidden information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. Take your turn, wait a year, then play a turn for the other side. In the twelve months between moves, you're bound to forget the other side's position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks, Matt and Kent , for answering my question.
E , yep laugh Just a simple no would have been okay. Alas, not a bad idea....have so many other games, I could easily come back once in a blue moon and forget who was who, and what was that secret card, AND who am I ? laughlaughlaugh You made my day by a slight sarcastic answer....need a few laughs right now

Regards,
Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan James
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have noted, this game doesn't really work as a one player game.

However, that said, I did play this as a one player game when I was learning the rules, which were a bit daunting for me. Sure, I knew what all the hidden cards were, but playing this way gave me a chance to learn the rules, try strategies, and learn to use the mythological powers of the various cards.

I've just gotten into gaming, and so far this has been my favourite game (in it's intended 2-player form that is!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Well,Nathan, you hit the nail on the head. I did exactly the same as you and then thought that maybe some sort of "patience" variant could work. I am, presently, experimenting on this and (whether others believe it it or not), it might just work !
Love the cards because of the mythological theme and if my idea does not work all that well, I might put the cards into a picture and frame it, hang it and admire it laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan James
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:
Well,Nathan, you hit the nail on the head. I did exactly the same as you and then thought that maybe some sort of "patience" variant could work. I am, presently, experimenting on this and (whether others believe it it or not), it might just work !

I don't have that much patience, but then, with my memory, I wouldn't have too wait too long between each turn!

elfrododumbo wrote:
Love the cards because of the mythological theme

I also really like the cards with this game. And I think the mythological theme works well for the actual uses of the cards. For me, the real story of each god/goddess has been very well matched with each card's power. Dionysus allows a chaotic card movement. Pythia allows you to see what is hidden. Hera and Zeus casually interfere from time to time. Hades and Persephone bring cards back from the dead.

elfrododumbo wrote:
and if my idea does not work all that well, I might put the cards into a picture and frame it, hang it and admire it laugh

laugh You do that too! I have yet to do it with any of my BGG-style games, but I have done it with others. Cards are purty (as we say in my neck of the woods).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.