Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Highest Number of Corruption Cards for One Investigtor? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Sister Mary had twenty-six last night. Vincent wound up with two and four had been discarded, awakening the AO.

While picking up, making sure to keep the hex monsters separate, since I had other AO's I hadn't used with this expansion, I saw I had forgotten to give Amanda a corruption for eliminating a ghoul.

Twenty-five is still slightly more than average, considering she had only taken out six hex monsters.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess saying I've never reached the Red deck suffices. I think 8 or 9 is my max. Games either don't last long enough or I get rid of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
My previous high was eighteen, but she had both +, discard items or draw, endless greed $4 and draw. The +'s were drawn six times between them. The six trophies made for eighteen right there.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This shouldn't count, but for one of the League scenarios, I was allowed to place 15 clues at the bank, netting each investigator with 5 corruptions. However, I screwed up the math, coming up with 15 corruptions total instead of the 20 it was. As a result, Mark Harrigan got dealt a load of red cards, one of which lowered his maximum sanity for each corruption he had. That meant he and Calvin Wright were devoured during the scenario set-up. The ensuing game lasted less than one full turn, as the two mythos cards drawn during the game were enough to trigger a flurry of corruption-drawing corruptions, depleting the deck.

We played a second game immediately, placing 9 clues at the bank and getting 3 corruptions each. That didn't last much longer, as the investigators saw Downward Spiral and Creeping Doom get activated more than their fair shares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightmare Visions is my personal bain, especially when one character has both black and white stars. Joe had them the other day and one or the other was drawn five times in seven mythos right at the end of the game.

The clues are nice, but he never got into a gate (five seals), stuck in The Asylum as the AO awoke

Devoured during set-up? Now, that's one tough GOO!

Last time with BGotW, went 1-6-1. Ran out of corruption twice.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.