Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Snow Tails» Forums » General

Subject: Cardhaus WILL include the bonus tile ... when they get them from Asmodee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of Snow Tails (along with some other games) today from Cardhaus and it did not come with the bonus "Leap of Death" tile.

So there's a word of warning to anyone planning on ordering the game from Cardhaus.

There's a chance, of course, that it was a mistake. I'm going to contact Cardhaus about the issue and report their reply on this thread.

EDIT: I received a reply from Cardhaus clearing up the confusion. See my later post for the details. Also, I'm changing the name of the thread now to reflect the news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cardhaus does NOT include the bonus tile
Was it supposed to include it or was it advertised as including it?

The only online retailer I've seen stating that Snow Tails comes with the bonus tile is Games Surplus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the bonus tile was supposed to be available to all orders of the first printing of the game in North America. If that's incorrect I'll certainly amend the title of this thread. Looking at other message threads for this game though tells me that other online retailers DO supply the bonus tile. So if Cardhaus is an exception to that, I want to warn my fellow gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bridges
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also ordered from Cardhaus and did not receive the bonus tile. I put a request in for it at the time of my order but I never received confirmation or denial that they would include it. Disappointed sure, but I really should have asked before placing my order. Now I have to search for an alternative way of getting the tile. Grrrrrr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
tgbruiser wrote:
I also ordered from Cardhaus and did not receive the bonus tile. I put a request in for it at the time of my order but I never received confirmation or denial that they would include it. Disappointed sure, but I really should have asked before placing my order. Now I have to search for an alternative way of getting the tile. Grrrrrr.

Hmm... that doesn't give me much hope of getting it from them...

Let me be clear, they did not advertise the tile, nor did they indicate in any way that they would include it at the time of my order. I do not fault them. However, other online retailers, such as Games Surplus (mentioned by Walt earlier this thread) and CoolStuffInc (mentioned by posters in another thread) indicate that at least some online retailers offer it.

If Cardhaus does not, I think fellow gamers would want to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
cbs42 wrote:
My understanding is that the bonus tile was supposed to be available to all orders of the first printing of the game in North America.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) is that it was included with all pre-orders of the game through an FLGS. This may or may not have included online stores, but I reserved mine through a B&M store for that reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought Hammer copies of Snow Tails ships with the Leap of Death tile.

I thought that the Leap of Death tile is suppose to be for all copies (of the first print run) in North America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
www.bouldergames.com

Bouldergames includes the Leap of Death tile in its product description.

I preordered with them a while back and it looks like they just got it in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has more information about which online retailers do and don't provide the bonus tile, please share it here. So far, the here's the list of online retailers that have been mentioned by various BGG members.

Online Retailers who DO include the bonus tile:
Cool Stuff Inc
Boulder Games
Thought Hammer
Games Surplus
Boards & Bits
CARDHAUS
(see my later post for details)
Time Well Spent

Online Retailers who DO NOT include the bonus tile:
None Known

I'll try to update the list as we get more information. Again, this isn't meant to be a lynch mob against retailers who don't distribute the tile, but I think this is useful information that potential buyers of the game would like to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All stores, online or else receive the Bonus Tiles at the same time they receive Snow Tails from their respective distributors. Asmodee don't have any additional tiles. They receive one tile for each one Snow Tails box they produce for the first US print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Boards & Bits now includes the bonus tile in their description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
www.bouldergames.com

Bouldergames includes the Leap of Death tile in its product description.

I preordered with them a while back and it looks like they just got it in stock.

I just picked up my order from Boulder Games and it did include the Leap of Death tile...however, they did mention that they had more copies of Snow Tails right now than they did copies of the Leap of Death tile...they're trying to get more of the tiles though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw two copies at The Compleat Strategist in NYC and both had the bonus tile attached to the box. No idea how many more may be in the back, nor what the state of those boxes are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I got a reply back from Cardhaus. Great news for anyone who ordered from them:

Eric at Cardhaus wrote:
Hello Chris,

Apparently Asmodee told the public this without telling their distributors this.

You are not the first to ask us about it, and when I asked my distributor about this last week, he contacted Asmodee, and they said they would send some to him. So...we will be getting some soon, probably next week, and I will make note to send you a copy when they come in.

Thanks
Eric

That's outstanding!

I would recommend that anyone who ordered from them should specifically email them and ask for the piece, just to make sure you're on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time Well Spent has the leap of death tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I receive my game (along with 5 others) from CoolStuffInc last night and the bonus tile was in the shipping box.

Note: I almost threw it away by accident. I was dumping the packing peanuts into a smaller box for a trade I'm shipping and the bonus tile fell out. It was just lying loose in the bottom of the shipping box. If it hadn't fallen out with the peanuts, it was on it's way to our recycle bin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.