Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering selling my Heroscape collection, but I would prefer to sell it as one large lot, rather than part it out on ebay.

I see there is already one user trying to do this on the Rise of the Valkyries page, offering his collection for $725; however, it's been listed since last July with apparently no takers.

Do you think he's priced his lot too high? Or is there just no interest in an all-in-one set for the typical buyer?

My inventory is similar to his: I have the Valkyrie Master set, plus one of everything from Mallidon's Prophecy through Dawn of Darkness, including all 5 flagbearers, both big box character sets, 2 lava sets, and 2 bridge/tree sets. I was considering asking around $700. I've looked around, but couldn't find a lot of history on selling a set like this. Any opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you searched the trade forums? Here's a recent one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3519722#3519722
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are you selling when it is just now finally hitting rerelease? Wave 1 has been spotted and Wave 9 is on its way.

This is one of those games that you could pop open with a bunch of buddies in two or three years and start playing and have a good time with little issue (a good beer & pretzel game).

I hope if you do decide to sell it that you get a good price for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link to that thread; some good info in there.

I'm moving out of Alaska later this summer, and I simply have too many games to take with me. I'll still keep my top 100 games, so at this point, I'm judging games based on their bulkiness vs. likelihood of getting played, and I have other games that scratch the Heroscape itch better for far less shelf-space.

I'll admit my timing is lousy with the rerelease, but I never bought my stuff to try and make a profit. At this point, I'd just be happy seeing it go for a fair price to somewhere it will get played. If not, maybe I will keep it and be glad I did in a few years...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's feasible to sell all in 1 lot, but it will be extremely tough, because we can't simply afford to pay over $700 at the moment in this economy. I think $700 is a fair deal, but you will have to be lucky to find that buyer. It would be much easier to sell them in smaller lots, at a more affordable price. With one big lot, people are not going to jump at it unless it's a major bargain. I wish I have $700 to buy a Heroscape collection, but I would rather spend that kind of money on a lot of great board games, my mortgage, and food instead. :)

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Benham
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're best bet for maximum value is to break out the stuff that sells high individually (tundra, volcano, TXU exclusives) and lot the rest. You should still be able to keep your lots to a minimum but you'll get much better value over a giant lot. Once you pass that $300 barrier on a lot it's really hard to get many interested takers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.