Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the rules say that you have to have a strength of 5+ to use 2 handed weapons. A bow is a 2 handed weapon, and Rangers can only use 1 handed weapons and bows. Does a ranger have to have a strength of 5+ to use a bow or can rangers use bows at any strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, bows are supposed to have an exception in their description. I couldn't make it a one handed weapon or jokers would be using bows and tower shields together. We can't have that kind of anarchy here!

So yeah, much like Thieves get an exception to daggers being a S(trength) weapon, Rangers get an exception to Bows.

Sorry about the confusion. It is now on the list for the updated version of Pocket Dungeon (which I am hoping to upload tomorrow night along with the first content expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, there's nothing stopping rogue from wearing plate mail and wielding a battle axe if they bump up their S, right? I can't see any thematic reason why they couldn't, though I could see where it might impede some of their skills (Sneak and the related Backstab).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in the class description it says that "Thieves may only use Cloth and Leather Armor."

But I suppose if you wanted to, there's nothing beyond that stopping you.. haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, but wouldn't that make having stat requirements (S) to use certain items irrelevant? The strange double method of determining what you can use comes across as a bit confusing.

I'll play it based on stats alone, since I've never understood class proficiencies and restrictions, but for people who want to follow the intended rules you may need to clarify how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the class restrictions are only for armor. Wepons are stat based.
I'll have to mull over just making armor stat based too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then why are weapons even listed with each class? This is the only bit of the rules that took a while for me to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the What?

I thought I had taken that out.
YEah, weapons shouldn't be listed with the classes.
I'll double check that maybe I didn't just take it out of my current WIP version. Hopefully I'll be able to get a new version of the base rules uploaded tommorow night.

Right now, my wife wants to play Stone Age, Can't say no to that. =-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure, now. I downloaded my copy of the rules... two weeks ago? If new ones have gone up since then, ignore what I've said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.