United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are happy to report that Mayday Games has aquired the rights to Space Junkyard from Gilad. We are in the final stages of planning and design and have the specs to the factory already. We expect this highly anticipated release to be out in late summer or possibly sooner.

Pictures, details and preorder to follow. We are shooting for a sub-$40 MSRP and are trying something completely new here. We are going to leave the print and play version up on BGG for now to allow those who are unsure about the game or who can't afford another game in the current economic climate to be able to try it for free.

We believe the current PnP version is such that most everyone who plays it will want the retail release. Some of the major changes include:

1) Full sized board
2) Draw bag similiar to Carcassonne for easy drawing of tiles
3) Easier to read and simplified icons and rules for quicker learning curve
4) Nice space ships and full wooden tokens for the three resources
5) Two more tiles: Worm Hole and Black Hole tiles. The worm hole will come out at some point in the game and the black hole will be put in about 2/3 of the way through the game.

Pictures and details to follow. Initial interest in this game is expected to be high as it is reported to be one of the most downloaded print and play games in BGG history. We will encourage those who want a copy in the first run to preorder. Most all of our products to date have sold out either before release date or shortly thereafter. Check our website for updates and news in a few days at www.maydaygames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We are happy to report that Mayday Games has aquired the rights to Space Junkyard from Gilad.

Is that a name change? Or a typo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Great News!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh, do we get plastic spaceships? You mentioned nice spaceships!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question, do you WANT plastic or wood? We believe we can get better details on the pastic ships, similiar to Days of Wonder's Pirates Cove ships.

It will be Space Junkyard as that is what Gilad prefers and its more in keeping with the revised tiles too. More details to follow as we finalize the nitty gritty details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. So, should we change the name of this game on BGG, or should we create a new entry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
maydaygames wrote:
We are happy to report that Mayday Games has aquired the rights to Space Junkyard from Gilad.

Is that a name change? Or a typo?

That was the original name. It was changed because Alcatraz games changed the name to "Space Junk" because of personal reasons (I'll skip the details).
Mayday games agreed to return to the original name (which makes me happy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice-e-o!

Congratulations Gilad and Maydaygames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great news!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear the game has found it's home. Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Ditto from me - congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh

Sydney
NSW
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb news... I also really appreciate the way of bringing this announcement directly to the people, so to speak.

I'll throw in one vote for wooden ships!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be fine with wood or plastic ships, either would be peachy with me. Probably too expensive, but if you got plastic bits that felt like the samurai pieces or the gipf games that would be stellar, otherwise regular PP ala RRT or T2R is cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic ships and wood tokens sound awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arik Yaacob
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Gilad, these are great news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Graham
United States
Carmichael
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Plastic ships and wood tokens sound awesome.

Ditto. That would get the best of both worlds. Personally, I like plastic, and I wouldn't mind everything in plastic, but in general people on BGG consider wood more 'refined' or 'classy'. Wood is perfect for supply tokens because they're easy to pick up and work with, and they can just be cubes, but the ships should be plastic for maximum effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

This is a spaceship game -- the ships have GOT to be plastic. And in really cool colors.

I have a PnP version of this game in a paper back on my shelf -- well worth the time and effort to create it. If Mayday lands their price point I'll be on it like a cheap suit.

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question to Seth (Mayday) - how is it proceeding with laying out the Slovak version of the rules?

I know that you are hard-working people and this is not essential, so this is just a toothpick-pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.