Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the final week of school for my son and his teacher designated today as "Boardgame Day". Each child could bring a game to school and the class would spend much of the day playing the games. My son wanted me to help him pick a game. I thought that Sorry! Sliders would be a good choice because it was easy to play and easy for my son to teach to others. My son agreed and took the game to school. When I got home from work, I asked him for a session report.

My son said that Sorry! Sliders was the most popular game in his class. It was constantly played and everyone in the class wanted to play, although the boys were more interested than the girls. My son said he played it about 6 times and the rest of the time he stayed with the game to teach others how to play. He said all of his classmates got the opportunity to play at least once. He said that it was really easy to show everyone how to play and the kids were enjoying themselves the entire time.

I was glad to hear that the game was a success and I was pleased that my son would sit out to let others play but stay at the game to teach. I was also pleased that the game arrived home safely without any pieces disappearing. My son said he made sure the game was complete after each playing.

Sorry! Sliders is a fun game for both children and adults and has the added bonus of being available in mainstream stores such as Target, Walmart and Toys R Us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I am defintely going to get this one for my son, going into 1st next year.

Sounds like OCD runs in families? ADD does, been living through that my whole life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Cote
United States
Central Village
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it went down well with the kids. My daughter's first-grade class is having a boardgame day next week, and she already suggested taking her copy of Sliders. Sounds like it will do well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
Now I am defintely going to get this one for my son, going into 1st next year.

Sounds like OCD runs in families? ADD does, been living through that my whole life.

The funny thing is I'm not OCD at all, except for my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
cobalt60 wrote:
Glad to hear it went down well with the kids. My daughter's first-grade class is having a boardgame day next week, and she already suggested taking her copy of Sliders. Sounds like it will do well!

Let us know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest my son bring Sorry Sliders to his 2nd grade class, but then I calculated the chance of losing a piece to be around 85% and thought better of it. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.