United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya all,

Sumeria as originally submitted by the designer also worked as a two-player game. During playtesting we found a flaw in the 2-player game (which also added to the cost as extra traders were needed for the 2-player game). A later variant fixed it and the 2-player variant rules are posted here on the Geek.

Someone has suggested I offer a 2-player expansion pack - the 2-player variant rules and a baggie containing the necessary wooden bits to play 2-player.

If you're interested in purchasing such an expansion (it would be pretty cheap!) please can you answer the follow poll:

Poll: Sumeria 2-player expansion
Guaging interest in a 2-player expansion for Sumeria.
1. Would you be interested in a 2-player expansion for Sumeria?
Yes
No
Depends on the price
2. How much would you be willing to pay for a 2-player expansion to Sumeria?
Less than £1 + postage
£1-£2 + postage
£2-£3 + postage
3. What would you like the expansion to contain?
6 extra wooden pieces in the standard 4 colours plus rules
6 extra wooden pieces in the two standard colours of my choice plus rules
20 Wooden pieces in two non-standard colours of my choice plus rules
4. Which colours would you prefer?
6 each in Red, Blue, Black and Yellow
6 each in Red and Yellow
6 each in Red and Black
6 each in Red and Blue
6 each in Blue and Black
6 each in Blue and Yellow
6 each in Black and Yellow
20 in Green
20 in Purple
20 in White
20 in Orange
Other (please specify below)
      42 answers
Poll created by CaptainJax

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a great idea Jack, I'd certainly be interested in buying it. Would it be possible to make solo rules for the game as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too early to tell since I have not played the base game yet. Certainly if the game plays well I am interested in a 2P version. If you look at the well rated Euros there is always hot interest in playing them 2P (even when they do not support it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya James,

Thanks for your input. I'll have to give it a while to gauge interest properly, but it seemed like a good idea when someone suggested it to me.

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Anft
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since my game group is regularly bigger than 4 players... would I very much like to have a 5-6 player expansion.

So I voted for the 20 purple plus 20 orange bits for a possible big round (yes... some rules need to be added to fit two more players on the board, but I generally don't see a problem there since the gameplay is so elegant.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the 2 player rules allow for an extra move per round (4 instead of 3) would you be including something to amend the board (perhaps a tile with 4 on it?!?!)?

We played last night and kept forgetting that we needed to have an extra move each round before the distribution of tiles.

Leigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And I don't mind what form the extra bits take (if I'm desperate I could always steal them from Downfall of Pompeii, as these look suspiciously familiar!)

Great game from one play so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Yokomizo
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would definitely buy a 2 player expansion. A 5/6 player variant would be interesting too, perhaps making a single expansion for these variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Maloney
United States
Concord
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it doesn't seem the most popular choice, I'd also vote for 20 pieces in each of two non-standard colors plus a "4" chit or sticker, plus rules.

This would allow for 2,and 5/6 player variants in one expansion.

Very good game !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
Too early to tell since I have not played the base game yet. Certainly if the game plays well I am interested in a 2P version. If you look at the well rated Euros there is always hot interest in playing them 2P (even when they do not support it).

I have now played it and I think this would be a very good candidate for a 2P configuration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya all,

You win! Sumeria: 2-Player Expansion is go! I'll be releasing it as a promo at Essen (free with a copy of Sumeria bought at Essen), it will also be available to pre-order from my website, for sale at Essen (for 2,50 Euro) and if I have any left after Essen it will continue to be available from my website for £2 plus S&H.

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.