Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've read Zhar's attack several times, but I'm not sure if I understand it correctly.

Zhar's attack wrote:
Each investigator is in turn wrapped in a tentacle, then crushed. If no player has the Zhar token, give the token to the first player. That player loses one hand for use in combat. If an investigator already the Zhar token, he is devoured.
The first player marker does not get passed until its current holder is devoured.

So would a 4 investigator final battle go like this?

Round One:
Investigators attack. 4 attacks.
Zhar attacks. No investigator has the Zhar token so it is given to the current first player.

Round Two:
Investigators attack. 4 attacks, but the first player can only use 1 hand.
Zhar attacks. First player is devoured.

Round Three:
Investigators attack. 3 attacks.
Zhar attacks. No investigator has the Zhar token so it is given to the current first player.

Round Four:
Investigators attack. 3 attacks, but the first player can only use 1 hand.

Round Five:
Investigators attack. 2 attacks.

Round Six:
Investigators attack. 2 attacks, but the first player can only use 1 hand.

Round 7:
Investigators attack. 1 attack.

Round 8:
Investigators attack. 1 attack, but the first player can only use 1 hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems like the right way to do it to me. Pretty tough GOO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cripes! If that's correct, then yeah, he is gonna be a nasty boss fight. Seeing as you need to fight him twice.

So here's a follow up question.

If you are using the Epic Final Battle variant, do you reshuffle and restart the epic deck if you manage to beat his first form?

Seeing as you'd need to eliminate 22 doom tokens, I'm fairly certain the epic deck would run out of cards first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsugo wrote:
Cripes! If that's correct, then yeah, he is gonna be a nasty boss fight. Seeing as you need to fight him twice.

So here's a follow up question.

If you are using the Epic Final Battle variant, do you reshuffle and restart the epic deck if you manage to beat his first form?

Seeing as you'd need to eliminate 22 doom tokens, I'm fairly certain the epic deck would run out of cards first.

My magic 8-ball says that's pretty impossible, given that you basically get an investigator devoured every 2 turns, 16 cards in the EB deck, you'd need 8 investigators and have the "End of Everything" as the last card. Okay, attack cancellers, etc. but highly unlikely. As to 22 doomers, doesn't Yibb Tsll (?) basically have the same amount (as it takes twice as many successes to remove a doomer)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.