2 Posts

Waterloo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Terrain Cheat Sheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Russell
United States
flag msg tools
This is how I read the map, if I am missing something, I'll edit this post to reflect corrections.

Town spaces include Mont St. Jean, Merbe Braine, Braine l'Alleud and Plancenoit.

None of the three strong points, La Belle Alliance or Rossomme are town spaces.

Hougoumont is the only space that has woods as well as another terrain (the strong point). Even though the woods seem localized in that space, the entire space is considered to be woods.

The trees next to the two rivers are merely decorative.

The three areas between Prussian entry area B and Papelotte Smohain are river, low ground and adjacent to a ridge.

The three areas on the British side of La Haye Sainte have a sunken road along the edge toward the French side. So artillery firing into an adjacent area toward the French side or from those areas to the original three would suffer a -1 penalty. If firing further or receiving fire from farther, this -1 penalty would not apply. The -2 penalty for the ridge would apply in all of these cases as well.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Rizzo
flag msg tools
So suppose that on the example on p.8(first example)you switch German's infantry(second unit counting from british infantry on the left side) with British artillery.Then change French artillery with French infantry.
If British artillery fire on French infantry unit -1 modifier for sunken road will not apply?
Sunken road's modifier applies only in one direction(only if the target is in an area BORDERED by the sunken road)?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.