I don't know if this is the right place or this is a good question, but can anyone express their opinion about those 2 games in any aspect that you could think of . I need many second opinion..
If i could start it myself,
1. Battlelore is too fiddly
2. Battlelore is too card-dependent.
3. Battlelore's morale system, follow up, and fight back systems are unique.
4. Battlelore took so long just to set it up.
5. Battlelore got too many expansion that should have been added to the base game.
6. Contrary to number 5, battlelore's purchase will make you feel that you get that best bang for your buck.
7. Battlelore is only 2 players.
8. Battlelore's dice fest is more beginner friendly and will attract many bypasser
Todays avatar: Last time I saw Axl he was waiting for his forever home.
Pet photographer, that's me.
I have them both.
My first impression of Conflict of Heroes: Whoever rolls 12 on 2d6s the most often wins. I've learned that COH is much deeper game than that. I'd rather play C&C: Ancients.
My first impression of BattleLore: BL might attract players who think C&C:Ancients is too boring looking. I've learned that I don't care. I'd rather play C&C:Ancients.
these are my overtexts and
now I am without geek gold :(
Battlelore is a fantasy battle system
Conflict of heros (COH now on) is a WW2 system (for now at least)
Battlelore depends on dice symboles to resolve combat
COH depends on 2d6
- on an attack 2d6 are rolled plus modifers such as: cap points, grenade cards, firegroups, etc
- the firepower is compared to the defenders defense plus any modifiers such as: terrain protection, bunkers, smoke
- if the firepower is equal or exceeds the defence the unit takes a hit token at random. This unit is now weakend but can rally to remove the token. If the unit gets 2 tokens it is automatically killed. The unit takes 2 hits (auto killed) if the fp exceeds defence by 4 or more.
This sounds more complex and it is but it is quite simple once you start playing. Often just getting a hit on a unit allows progression to a goal which is my next point.
Battlelore is more a slug fest. kill until the required points are scored
COH can be that but there is a lot more points from scoring scenario goles.
In both the total poins is the winner but in COH most points come from completing scenario specific goals or seizing target buildings/roads.