1 Posts

Waterloo» Forums » General

Subject: Game as History rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
flag msg tools
Had a great game moment that I thought I'd share. Late in the 1 pm turn, the French have softened up LHS, and used a red to activate a leader to launch two infantry into the strongpoint to capture it. After two rounds, the KGL is barely hanging on with five damage cubes, but manages to pass the critical morale check, forcing the French back into the dead space between LHS and Hougoumont. Wellington now has a problem--one green and two red left (I think--a bit fuzzy here--one or two green?). Using a red, he launches the British cavalry behind the right of their line (Dornberg and Arsenchildt or Grant?) at the two French infantry--the French fail their rolls and morale checks, and are destroyed. The British cavalry both pass their attack continuation rolls, and head into the grand battery which is guarded by one mobile French infantry. All fail to stop the cav, the inf fails its morale roll and is eliminated, and the British cav both fail their continuation rolls. I'm a bit fuzzy about the next British move--sorry--but I think the British decided to use the green to remove a damage cube from LHS to provide a bit more strength to start the next turn. With the playing of the last green, the round passes to the French, who are also very low on chits. They use a red, activate a leader, and send two cavalry agains the Brits at the grand battery. In a seesaw struggle the French have one cav exhausted and retreat, but both British are exhausted and retreat back to the LHS space. So, the turn ended shortly after that, but the British cavalry have destroyed three French infantry and damaged two artillery. One thing that I was thinking, though, was that each subsequent cavalry continuation assault should probably suffer another die roll loss in combat to model their growing tiredness. Anyway, great fun.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.