Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reprint seems to be coming sometime...

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1204736
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Does this then 'mean' that they're discontinuing that cheaper 'one'? surprise
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/405385
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Mulder
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
GROGnads wrote:

It's not a cheaper one. A&A 1942 is a remake of the Revised edition. This thread is about a reprint of A&A 1950.

They both say Axis & Allies on the box, but they're not the same game. They're more like brothers.

Edited for grammar error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A reprint will still quite likely be a limited edition. I don't see the Anniversary game becoming a permanent addition to the line-up. AA42 will be the "flagship" A&A game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
GROGnads wrote:
JohnnyPolo24 wrote:

It's not a cheaper one. A&A 1942 is a remake of the Revised edition. This thread is about a reprint of A&A 1950.
ummm... you might have also conducted an EDIT for 'inaccuracy'?
JohnnyPolo24 wrote:
They both say Axis & Allies on the box, but they're not the same game. They're more like brothers.Edited for grammar error.
angry Ever SINCE the "reviled" edition had made its appearance, then they've constantly been ONLY interested upon one lone 'aspect': the $$$$; and JUST how much they can 'gouge' the "ignoramus masses" for such, just so's we GOT that 'aspect' "clear as glass".
K? thx!
robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Mulder
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
JohnnyPolo24 wrote:

ummm... you might have also conducted an EDIT for 'inaccuracy'?
[/q]Okay, okay... So there were two errors, and I only fixed one of them. I meant AA50. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Jansen
Norway
flag msg tools
This is a waste. We would be better off if they combined A&A Europe with A&A Pacific. Like two maps in the same box. They could be used single or combined. Then you could choose to play the European theatre, or the Pacific theater, or the global war. Its like 3 different games in the very same box. Now that would be nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what should a new Axis & Allies player get the 50 year anniversary or 42 edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Witzland
msg tools
A new player should get the 1942 edition...it's cheaper, so in case you and your friends arent too fond of it, it won't be such a big loss. The rules are probably easier too...I doubt the China rules from Anniversary Edition will make it to 1942 edition since the mapboard is smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mitchell
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you go find an older copy of the 2004 revised edition or the the old Gamemaster series copy. I believe you can find those for at least what AA1942 will cost you, if not cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the re-print will not have the larger board from the recent anniversary edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rlfix wrote:
My understanding is that the re-print will not have the larger board from the recent anniversary edition.

Unless you know something that I don't, you're probably thinking of the new 1942 Edition, which is not the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All X-Men
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This is totally opposite from what I heard at Gencon. Also, I just figured with the new revised out and the other AA games coming out, why would they reprint it and not just move forward with other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody hear anything new about the reprint? I'd heard Winter/Spring before, but haven't heard anything since the summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c michalek

Nevada
msg tools
Last I heard, there was not going to be one.

Why would you compete with sales of AAP 40 and AAE 40?

Maybe someday there will be one. But not anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad, as Hasborg was apparently telling people (retailers, etc) they'd be doing a limited print run in Q4 '09 or Q1 '10. I'm not in a rush to buy any of the new games, regardless of the status of this one. I'll just make due with my trusty 'ole 1980s version and my A&A Europe. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobgoblin13 Hobs
msg tools
This is good news. My goal is to obtain the coolest looking and fun to play version of a WWII compleate game. I was not aware of this version until it was all sold out. I have not seen anything else that is as complete a game for a simulation of WWII that can be played in one day with friends. The large map, cool pieces, and risk like play make it atractive to the occational game player that has a life.

Right now I play Axis and Allies at gametable.com But this "revised" version is just a race between japan taking russia, and the allies taking germany. Russia if played correctly can throw the game with a bad luck opening move. And japan can throw the game if the allies go KJF(kill japan first) and they have bad luck on there first turn. It apears that this version solves booth of these issus.

I look forward to an on line version of AA50 at gametable.com so that it can be played in say three hours because all the dice rolling is automatic, and people are forced to play quickly.

If they really wanted to get fancy. there should be an electronic dice roller that is about the size of a calculater that give 1 to 20 dice results at the push of a single button. A low luck type option could then remove extream results like 12x1's or 12x6's. May be if there was a "Game calclater" and you just typed in the attackers and defenders units, hitting the button for each tpe of unit (multiplier required for inf and tanks) and the results were displayed as hits and misses, the specific results of 1's and 6's would not even be required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister P
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided I wanted Axis & Allies a few years ago. I owned the Europe version and I wanted the global game. I went into my local Gamesworld and saw two copies. One was AA42 and the other was AA50. I looked at the boxes and asked the guy if they were any different. He just reckoned the big one had a bigger board so I thought bugger that. The small one will be fine for a few less dollars. So I went home and then discovered online that the AA50 was in fact different and a lot of fans were saying how awesome it was. It even had Italy as a force. Not only that but it was selling for $500!! The copy I saw in the shop was only $140. I called the shop. I went in to find it again but alas. It was too late. Now I see it may be reprinted and I am pretty pleased!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doubtful this will ever happen. WOTC has promised a reprint almost 4 years ago & we have yet to see any results...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crsluggo wrote:
I'm doubtful this will ever happen. WOTC has promised a reprint almost 4 years ago & we have yet to see any results...

Agreed. All indications are that the "big" or "advanced" version of A&A is going to be the 1940 versions of Europe and Pacific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Sad, but most likely true. I guess I'll just stick with my 1980s version. Oh well.

Edit: oops. I see I've already made a similar comment before. I guess my feelings haven't changed then. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
clloyd09 wrote:
Edit: oops. I see I've already made a similar comment before. I guess my feelings haven't changed then. shake

I take it you frequently have the misfortune of history repeating itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagnabbit!!! I don't normally hate thread resurrection, but man...

There was a brief, shining moment of elation as I actually believed I was finally going to have a chance to land my very own copy after having missed out the first time. Until I finally paid attention to the dates posted. What a downer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the hot deals. Its listed for $90 on Amazon. No idea if it'll ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Scorup
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I bought two of the copies (seller: gohastings). It shipped... and then they told me they messed up and I'll have to return it for a refund.

It was worth a shot. I expect it is the 1942 version, but I have yet to receive confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.