1 Posts

Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Spartan Parasitic Farmers Unite! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Wilmes
United States
flag msg tools
I seem to be prone to unconventional strategies, but the one I played a few days ago was just.. odd. The game was a 2-person advanced game. I started with New Sparta, with the 2-military production world Rebel Miners and a blue military windfall (the one with the eyeball and the lucrative trade). My opponent was Old Earth (I believe).

Playing these right away and trading for more cards, I discovered that I could make a juice produce/consume.. of a sort. I had a choice between putting Tourist World or Galactic Trendsetters. Galactic Trendsetters was a guaranteed powerful consume for my one reliable production good, but didn't help me with my windfalls at all. Instead, I went for Tourist World... provided I had a windfall with a good on it, I could consume X 2 for 6 VPs.. and if I didn't have a windfall, it wouldn't consume at all. Adding Alien Toy Shop to the mix, I had a very powerful 10 VP consume based on three goods, but needed to continually conquer add windfall worlds to get that critical third good to consume.

My opponent focused on developing, which didn't help me at all.. I didn't really have much of a card engine aside from my 3 military strength, and certainly couldn't afford developments. I had to alternate between consumeX2/produce and settle/consumeX2, but I was eventually able to get 3 10 VP shipments out, giving me the game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.