Jaffer Batica
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm really anxious to play this game - I love the theme and CDGs in general - but the rules as written contain some holes and ambiguities that it would be nice to see clarified. Not that the rules couldn't be interpreted, but it would feel like playing by house rules at that point. As my friend said after we attempted to play it last night: "Without more coherent rules, it feels less like a game than the components of a game."

Specifically, I am looking for some clarification on things like Force Moving leaders, what S and N units are about, and if there is a difference between confrontations, protests, and mass arrests.

Can anyone help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not heard of new rules but I didn't have any real questions when I played about that sort of thing. Your best bet is to try a solo run through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicola caroli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have played the game with Ted Torgerson using the vassal module and must say the rules pretty much work as advertised, i.e. perhaps there were a few minor "surprising exceptions" i can't remember now, but everything went as expected... Rules- wise ! Strategically... blush I felt more like Napoleon in Russia than King in Alabama !
Just reading the rules a couple of times is enough to get a good grasp of the game.

You can ask question here or you can usually find Ted hanging out on wargameroom (especially now that he has a new game, 1989, professionally implemented).
Farewell !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.