Popular Tags: [View All]
Errin Larsen
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When can a player use their sniper or saboteur during the resource gathering phase?

If the sniping player has already finished their own resource gathering phase, but has set aside a sniper, reserving it for the Skirmish, can they reveal the sniper during a later player's resource gathering phase, intending to disrupt a dig or hunt action?

Are cards that you have placed down as "reserved for the skirmish" considered to be in your hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bailey
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, cards reserved for the skirmish are still considered to be in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lance is correct. You can, in fact, play Sniper Teams and/or Saboteurs from your Skirmish-committed cards in order to disrupt someone's resource gathering. Upon doing so, you must discard any Sniper Teams or Saboteurs you used, thus reducing the number of cards that you have for the Skirmish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be interesting to see how furthur plays start affecting people's decision-making...

Knowing this option existed, we didn't use any Snipers or Sabs at all. Period. Those mercenaries were never purchased in our games.

Imagine how the game will change when we do, and when people start getting really nasty and sabotaging hunting equipment!

"I'm gonna hunt for 2 food-"
"No you're not!"

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:

"I'm gonna hunt for 2 food-"
"No you're not!"
devil

Ha ha! No doubt. My all-time favorite one though is to shut down someone going for Thugs.

Unsuspecting player: "One medkit, a syringe, a Scavenger, and a Net...sweet! That makes 3 Meds and 3 Food. I'll take Thugs!"

Very evil player: "Oh! I'm so sorry, my Saboteur just cut a hole in your net. Is there something you'd like to buy with 3 Meds and 1 Food? (queue the evil laughter)

Unsuspecting player: "Crap, my only other card is a Refugee. Damn it! I guess I'll take a Saboteur for 1 Food and 1 Med. Two can play at this game..."

It's on! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in response to your post before Justin:

We had a similar first game, only 1 sniper team was purchased and it didn't come out before the end of the game.

I had my fourth game and became Sniper Extraordinaire! With three Sniper teams floating around my deck, people were scared. Every decision was met with a "umm" or "err" as they considered sending out two or more people just to make sure they could do the action.
The best use for me was when, in a Skirmish my opponent sent in a Scavenger with a Group Leader and a pickaxe. Boom! My sniper takes out the Scavenger leaving a total fight score of 0! I took it with a brawler and scout.

The other funny combo was my opponent sending a tribe family and grenades at me with my single brawler and sniper. Suffice to say, the sniper won laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.