Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question;

Having looked through the various pictures on this site of the games in play, none of them ever seem to involve the large southern region of the map with Turkey and Greece etc.

Does this area ever actually come into play in a typical game (a German thrust from the Middle East to encircle Stalingrad for example) or is it only really there for the Eurofront link-up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Middle East is off limits in standalone EF. You need Eurofront to use that part of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the EFII map to be pretty silly. Over half the real estate is out of play. 90% of people only play Operation Barbarossa on it, and yet there is Libya, staring you in the face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan R. wrote:
I find the EFII map to be pretty silly. Over half the real estate is out of play. 90% of people only play Operation Barbarossa on it, and yet there is Libya, staring you in the face.

Yup, that's why I stuck with my 1st edition. EFII is really meant for use in EuroFront and I am not likely to be able to play that anytime soon. The same goes for WestFront.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you own Westfront 2 and Eurofront 2 you can also play Eastfront Plus on the Eastfront 2 map.

"EastFront2 Plus is an expansion module for EastFront 2 that enables full use of its map area by adding the North and Med Fronts to play. Scenarios are provided for S’41, W’41, S’42 and W’42. The Soviet player plays the British in the Med Front. Rules and units from EuroFront2 are required, as well as a few units from WestFront2"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just been reading through the rules and looking at some images of the maps here on BGG and one thing is not completely clear - is Turkey within the boundaries of the official Eastfront game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Scandinavia (Finland and points north), the MidEast (Turkey/Persia and points south) and the MedFront (North Africa) are out of play. These areas come into play in EuroFront, which portrays the entire war in Europe 1939-45"

(first page, third paragraph of the rules)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harzal wrote:
"Scandinavia (Finland and points north), the MidEast (Turkey/Persia and points south) and the MedFront (North Africa) are out of play. These areas come into play in EuroFront, which portrays the entire war in Europe 1939-45"

(first page, third paragraph of the rules)

Ah yes, sorry I was looking at the East/Med Front boundary on the map which actually runs south of Turkey, although I guess that is for the weather rather than the actual game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.