Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Frostbite effects during mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
According to the rules, it looks like the only effect frostbite has during the mission is that gunners can hit enemy fighters only by rolling a "6".

Is there any effect on the bomb run for a frostbit bombadier? How about his 11-25 mission bonus?

Is there any effect on landing for frostbit pilot & co-pilot? How about their 11-25 mission bonus?

Is there any effect on bailout for a frostbit crew member?

The description for a second light wound also notes that gunners can hit enemy fighters only by rolling a "6" so you could extrapolate that the effects on other crew members for a second light wound also would apply when the crew member is frostbit as well.

Did I miss something in the rules and/or is their errata on this point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any die roll modifiers listed on a perusal of the charts in my Vassal module. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the rulebook in electronic formt to look at and I am not aware of any errata regarding frostbite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Dave is sopt on. The only Errata is for recovery per the General Mag 20-no.6;

5. Recovery from frostbite is correct as shown in Note (b) to Table BL-5, not as shown in Rules Section 11.0.

As I remember, and have played it, there is no ill effect to experieance bonuses due to frostbite.

In the rules it states;

9.3 ACE GUNNERS
...Ace Gunner and may add 1 to his defensive fire rolls. Ace Gunners lose this bonus when frostbitten and when wounded...

And rule 11.0 said;

...Also, any frostbitten crew member who is also seriously wounded adds 1 to his serious wound survival die roll (see Note b. under Table Bl-4). {remember errata above}

This is all I can find. Hope it helps,
Jim P cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In reading the rulebook (Section 11) and looking at chart B1-5, the difference in the frostbite rolls is that in the rulebook a crewman had a 33% chance of serious injury due to frostbite but in chart B1-5 it is 50%. Also, the chart specified that the frostbite roll had to be made for each turn the B-17 remained above 10,000 feet with the heat out; the rulebook was not as clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Infomanohio wrote:
In reading the rulebook (Section 11) and looking at chart B1-5, the difference in the frostbite rolls is that in the rulebook a crewman had a 33% chance of serious injury due to frostbite but in chart B1-5 it is 50%. Also, the chart specified that the frostbite roll had to be made for each turn the B-17 remained above 10,000 feet with the heat out; the rulebook was not as clear.

John,

Good point. That is why TAHGC posted the Errata in the General Magazine issue 20, number 6;

5. Recovery from frostbite is correct as shown in Note (b) to Table BL-5, not as shown in Rules Section 11.0.

So, the game should be played per the chart Bl-5

Remember you DON'T make a frostbite roll the zone after your crewmember(s) loose heat. You start checking on the 2nd zone after.

You can find the Errata and much much more here: http://grognard.com/titleb.html#b05

Jim Pink cool

added link:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.