Subject: A plea to Kwanchai rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwanchai, would you please make a rethemed WWII version of G.E.V. to go along with your OGRE redesign. It would be too cool.

UPDATE: SJG has pulled Kwanchai's PnP version.

So much for that idea. Thanks to SJ Games, who can't seem to keep this in print, and still don't want their fans to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwanchai, your retheme of Ogre has revitalized by interest in the game. I've played more Ogre the last month than I've played in the last 10 years. Thanks!

I'd also like to see you continue with GEV, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add my voice to the crowd. This is too god of a work to let it go "unfinished".

Ho, and let ScottE oversize them afterwards.

-Oeternalis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
draoi .
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes pleeez!

And let Malechi add his fantastic backgrounds after letting ScottE oversize them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so too! I really enjoyed making the wood block version and it looks damn impressive on the table. And Chris is right, he and I have played Ogre several times now which would never have happened until this edition was released. Since SJG is dragging their feet on releasing 6th edition I'm more then happy with playing this edition as my favorite version.

GEV opens up the game so much. Ogre is a simple game and there's only so much you can do with that map. There are tons of scenarios for GEV and the later map extensions turn it into a monster game.

The biggest difficulty would be making the maps since they require lots of new terrain types. I've thought about tackling a new GEV map that matches the style and will see how my schedule opens up in the next few months. No promises though. I'm currently working on a monster project with Chris which is using up my free time so won't get to this for awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pearsons
United States
Western Massachusetts
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see what his version of the Fencer would look like, along with a decent stat sheet for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.