Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should the Axis win the campaign after the Operation Cobra scenario, the Grand Campaign should move on to 'Falaise' not 'Early Falaise' as written in the book.

I verified with my designer notes on the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Malcolm,

The book is brilliant
pyuredeadbrilliant and you are to be commended for the effort you and your co-designers made.

Jim
Est. 1949

Patronising old bastard, ain't I?

Edit: grammar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim!

Tragically, this errata never should've been required. But there we have it. Glad everyone is enjoying the book...I always appreciate the feedback!

Cheers,
Malcolm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Malcolm,

Inspired by your images and those of ColtsFan78, I have been painting my tanks. Pretty basic but, it adds so much to the overall feel of the game. I have two weeks off work at the moment and I may also get around to painting the men too.

Not works of art but, they look damn good; watch out for a few images.

With kindest regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painting the tanks is a good time and you'll enjoy the results. I look forward to some pictures...and hope to post a few more myself (I've been working on my CommonWealth forces!).

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Ladwig
Germany
bei Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on Breakout Campaign - page 25
Hello Malcolm

Maybe you are able to answer a question to me:

If - in the Campaign "The Breakout" - the axis player wins the campaign after "Operation Cobra" you should move on to "Falaise". If the allied player wins the campaign after "Operation Cobra", you move on to Early Falaise".

So when do you get to play the last scenario "Counter-Attack on Mortain"? The box on "Operation Cobra" sais to play it if the Axis won, but the Grand Campaign Box states that you move on to "Early Falaise", or did I miss something?

I love the Campaign Book, by the way. I'm just slightly confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jonas,

If the Axis win the 'Operation Cobra' scenario, the Breakout campaign doesn't actually end, that is where you would carry on to 'Counter-Attack on Mortain'.

The campaign only ends at 'Operation Cobra' if the allies win that particular scenario.

A win of a scenario shouldn't be confused with a win of the campaign. So for example, should the Allies win the Cobra scenario they may find that they have lost the campaign and missed their chance to go on to 'Early Falaise' (yes, I put a LOT of thought into the campaign flow and how the scenarios interact...I am a geek after all).

Hope that explains a bit more clearly.

Glad you are enjoying the book!

Cheers,
Malcolm

schwarzespiele wrote:
Hello Malcolm

Maybe you are able to answer a question to me:

If - in the Campaign "The Breakout" - the axis player wins the campaign after "Operation Cobra" you should move on to "Falaise". If the allied player wins the campaign after "Operation Cobra", you move on to Early Falaise".

So when do you get to play the last scenario "Counter-Attack on Mortain"? The box on "Operation Cobra" sais to play it if the Axis won, but the Grand Campaign Box states that you move on to "Early Falaise", or did I miss something?

I love the Campaign Book, by the way. I'm just slightly confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Ladwig
Germany
bei Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your fast and precise answer. I agree that the flow of the campaign is well thought through. Now I can go on and ... well, actually loose the normandy to the allies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. (It didn't come up in our campaign, as I was trounced as the Axis in The Breakout).

Will the official errata on the DOW forum be updated? It would be nice to have one stop shopping, so I could just reprint them every so often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. (It didn't come up in our campaign, as I was trounced as the Axis in The Breakout).

Will the official errata on the DOW forum be updated? It would be nice to have one stop shopping, so I could just reprint them every so often.

Yes, I posted on the DoW Errata thread. I also posted here in case anyone missed out from those forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Merighi
Argentina
Mar del Plata
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Malcom for the clarification
Great book, great game.
thank you for your work.
cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.