Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Tackett
United States
Neon
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game (set 1) and have a coulpe of questions.

What does the Brawler ability do?

I downloaded the master rules but if I just play with the rules I have and add more in with later sets will I miss anything...In other words does the Master rules add anything that isnt covered in later sets, besides edited cards?

I thought I read somewhere that if a character from an age uses a weapon from that age or something like that, that he gets a bonus? Am I crazy, lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the Master rules change some of the earlier rules.

Not sure about the brawler ability question (at work, so I can't look it up now).

If a character uses a weapon from his age and is on his age's territory, he gets +1 hit when using that weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jevon Heath
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Go on 'head get down with it.
badge
Take it to the chorus!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brawler is a class of weapons, including Brass Knuckles, Swiss Army Knife, and such. It works like any other weapon bonus.

The bonus to matching age and weapon only comes into effect if you're playing with Set 3, which includes the terrain for ages other than Ancient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cadavaca wrote:
Brawler is a class of weapons, including Brass Knuckles, Swiss Army Knife, and such. It works like any other weapon bonus.

To add on to this, certain characters will have text in their special abilities section that says something to the effect of:
"+1 to hit when using Brawler weapons"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Tackett
United States
Neon
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to the Brawler ability of the amazon, does it allow her to use certain weapons? So I can use just the main rules in set 1 and add rules as I get expansions? I was worried that the master had rules that weren't in any of the sets. I know I'm being picky but I don't want to spend for the Master rules right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jevon Heath
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Go on 'head get down with it.
badge
Take it to the chorus!
mbmbmbmbmb
Siennya's ability gives her a bonus to her skill when using a Bow or Brawler weapon.

Don't worry about the Master's Addendum unless you have all the sets. The rulebook is nice, but you don't need it since each expansion is self-contained. It's all but necessary if you get all the sets at once, but if you're introducing them slowly it's not as big a priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Tackett
United States
Neon
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers, read the basic rules and it seems fairly easy to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.