Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
44 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Writing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: derailed [+] [View All]
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually did some last night. It was only about 1000 words, but it was 1000 more than I had dine since June 11th. Which is the last time I did any writing.

I am halfway done with books edits. I need to get my butt in gear and finish that. People have a book they supposedly want to buy from me.

I need to make sure that copy edits on it are done. And i don't have too many stupid typos.

And I need to finish a chapter on another book, my epic (used to be titles prophecy, now is titles the Divinities Trilogy). I have been working in this chapter since April.

I have been doing too much science. And not balancing enough with creativity. Though I have been a very productive graduate student.

Hopefully posting this will mean motivation for the Toggy.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
I have been doing too much science.


Have you seen The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fight the left brain!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Toggy wrote:
I have been doing too much science.


Have you seen The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra?


Yes!

Edit: Oh, crap. I was posting from my real account instead of the sock puppet. Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag now!

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
quozl wrote:
Toggy wrote:
I have been doing too much science.


Have you seen The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra?


Yes!

Edit: Oh, crap. I was posting from my real account instead of the sock puppet. Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag now!



crap. cat. Hmmm.... I wonder.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Did you watch the video yet??
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Did you watch the video yet??


Should I answer as me, or Toggy?

BTW, it's much easier to speak of "the Toggy" in third person.



Note to self: get the copy editing done for Toggy.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
You inspired me to try NaNoWriMo this year again, after several crashandburns. I've been trying to write some vignettes and stuff and realized I haven't written anything creative or enjoyable in... probably 7 years

Seriously I need to start an RPG again, that always gets my creativity rolling.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
You inspired me to try NaNoWriMo this year again, after several crashandburns. I've been trying to write some vignettes and stuff and realized I haven't written anything creative or enjoyable in... probably 7 years

Seriously I need to start an RPG again, that always gets my creativity rolling.


Whatever it takes. I know my first few attempts at "stories" were much more like an anime or TV series. But it got me writing. And creating. If an RPG is what it takes, then get moving. NaNo only starts in 5 month. You have 4 months of practice until then.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Toggy wrote:
I have been doing too much science.


Have you seen The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra?


No.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
KSensei wrote:
Did you watch the video yet??


Should I answer as me, or Toggy?

BTW, it's much easier to speak of "the Toggy" in third person.



Note to self: get the copy editing done for Toggy.



Dear Sock Puppet:

Please behave. Just cause I need to get work done, and do this science thing I call a day job for the time being, does not mean to can wreak havoc as you will.

Oh yes, and copy edits would be appreciated. There might be bread, or free book copies, or both in it for you.

Love,

Toggy
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Did you watch the video yet??


Tonight after I steal interwebs from the Wiles I shall watch it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
amwiles wrote:
KSensei wrote:
Did you watch the video yet??


Should I answer as me, or Toggy?

BTW, it's much easier to speak of "the Toggy" in third person.



Note to self: get the copy editing done for Toggy.



Dear Sock Puppet:

Please behave. Just cause I need to get work done, and do this science thing I call a day job for the time being, does not mean to can wreak havoc as you will.

Oh yes, and copy edits would be appreciated. There might be bread, or free book copies, or both in it for you.

Love,

Toggy



Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who's the sock puppet here!? Not I!

Love,
MMB

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
KSensei wrote:
Did you watch the video yet??


Tonight after I steal interwebs from the Wiles I shall watch it.


Crap, that's right! If you move in next to us, you'll have free wireless!

People! Toggy is smoking something! Hmmm'ing and Hawing about whether or not to move next door to WilesCon. shake Free stolen interwebs!!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
Toggy wrote:
amwiles wrote:
KSensei wrote:
Did you watch the video yet??


Should I answer as me, or Toggy?

BTW, it's much easier to speak of "the Toggy" in third person.



Note to self: get the copy editing done for Toggy.



Dear Sock Puppet:

Please behave. Just cause I need to get work done, and do this science thing I call a day job for the time being, does not mean to can wreak havoc as you will.

Oh yes, and copy edits would be appreciated. There might be bread, or free book copies, or both in it for you.

Love,

Toggy



Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who's the sock puppet here!? Not I!

Love,
MMB



Me thinks the sockpuppet doth protest to much.
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
amwiles wrote:
Toggy wrote:
amwiles wrote:
KSensei wrote:
Did you watch the video yet??


Should I answer as me, or Toggy?

BTW, it's much easier to speak of "the Toggy" in third person.



Note to self: get the copy editing done for Toggy.



Dear Sock Puppet:

Please behave. Just cause I need to get work done, and do this science thing I call a day job for the time being, does not mean to can wreak havoc as you will.

Oh yes, and copy edits would be appreciated. There might be bread, or free book copies, or both in it for you.

Love,

Toggy



Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who's the sock puppet here!? Not I!

Love,
MMB



Me thinks the sockpuppet doth protest to much.


Wait, so if one of you is the sock puppet of the other and the other is a sock puppet of someone else, does that mean that there are hands stuck up too far and needed more coverage?


Signed,

Sock puppet #4
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Toggy the Left Brain, and Amy the right brain?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
Me thinks the sockpuppet doth protest to much.


Methinks. One word.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Is Toggy the Left Brain, and Amy the right brain?


Who is the wrong brain?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Is Toggy the Left Brain, and Amy the right brain?


I'm much more left brain than right brain, methinks.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Is Toggy the Left Brain, and Amy the right brain?
Can I speak to Cybil now?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Is Toggy the Left Brain, and Amy the right brain?
Can I speak to Cybil now?


She's moonlighting with Bruce.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Is Toggy the Left Brain, and Amy the right brain?
Can I speak to Cybil now?


She's moonlighting with Bruce.


What do YOU want now?

MWChapel
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Is Toggy the Left Brain, and Amy the right brain?
Can I speak to Cybil now?


She's moonlighting with Bruce.


Cybil:


Bruce:


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to point out I am also not a sock puppet.

Oh no! I forgot to sign in to my sock puppet account to post that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.