Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to try repainting minis, that's a pretty easy subject anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I make the same suggestion. "Must have it for me" is growing tiresome, since hardly anyone else would buy it. If you must have it, go and make one.

Putting it in the deluxe kit, where people would be stuck with it and 3 other planes, would have been sure death for the deluxe kit, but might have started up a nice little miniature business of folks engaged in repainting the mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes-- give the subject (and the people) a rest.

Very tiresome, like a small child who thinks if he whines "but I want it" 10,000 times, he will get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy The Hutt
Italy
Ferrara
Ferrara (FE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realized I've post the same thing into two threads... and in different times! Sorry for the mistake, I don't want to look like a "small child" (hey that's was rude man!). soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure most of the pink recon Spits weren't armed at all - and not just to save weight for more fuel. When you're alone over an enemy territory in daylight hundreds of miles from friendly support the only thing that will save you is height, speed and the element of surprise.

I'm assuming there's not much point for an unarmed plane in Wings of War?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I think that an evading unarmed plane could be interesting in some scenarios.

Anyway the pink Spitfire I had in mind was an armed one:

(the red squares on the wing edge are to mark the positions of the machineguns).

Please read there for further details:

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2006/05/stuff_eng_prof...

The pale blue Spitfire that has been included in Series 1 is an armed recon plane too:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The red squares covered the holes where the guns were located regardless of whether they had guns behind them or not (otherwise you'd just have holes in the wings!).

I'm not 100% certain but I believe only a few of the earliest PR spits had the full eight gun armament which was quickly reduced to two guns and then deleted alltogether - I believe before the pink scheme was introduced. I'll have to check my giant Spitfire book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.