Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody ever tried to enlarge these Scottish battles onto two boards? Everything feels kind of claustrophobic now that I've been playing epic battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir,

First of all, I admire your microbadge although I have had the pleasure of meeting many peoples all over the world (including the American) who were neither Scottish, nor crap. I must admit though, that they had a hard time proving it!

Now, to your question: I have purchased the "Epic" expansion and that is the only way I play the game now. I use my imagination to expand the normal boards into a larger game area with the addition of whatever scenery hexes I have to hand.

Try it and enjoy it.

With warmest regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

BTW: If you haven't painted your miniatures yet, you are missing out on something wonderful.

Edit: Geriatric Spelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To my eternal shame, I am not Scottish...cry although my family did immigrate from Invergordon in 1864! (That doesn't count, does it?) Also, my wife and I adore Edinburgh, and plan to visit again. Sadly, we decided to see London and Paris this summer and wished we'd gone back to Scotland when we were done. You've got it all up there.

Thanks for the tip regarding epic battles. I'll wing it and try to match the diagram as best I can with two boards. Did you add troops to fill out the battle field, or just use the designated troops with lots of room to roam?

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.