Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a query regarding the timing of assassninations

Heracles and Alexander the IV may be assassinated when they come of age if the player controlling them wants to prevent them becoming king

So far, so good. But then....

At the start of Turn 4 Heracles comes of age and is now old enough by Macedonian custom to become king. At the start of Turn 5 Alexander the IV comes of age.

The key sentence follows....

The player controlling the heir at that time must either end the game by proclaiming him king or must murder him.

...... A player cannot proclaim an heir king if he is unable to become regent.

When does this happen? At the start of the turn? Does this mean that a faction who has Alexander IV at the start of turn 5 and ties for the lead in combined L/VP, cannot attempt to get the requisite points during the turn and must instead throw away his asset?

I would be grateful for clarification here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recal the answer but I'm fairly certain GMT has a FAQ on their website that answers this. It's been a while since I played but I WANT to say it was the begiining of the turn or what I'd call a round.

Check me on this though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Alex/Heracles victory check happens immediately after moving the turn counter to Turn 4 or 5 - before labeling the Usurper, before reinforcements or dealing cards, etc.

For your second question, continue reading down the page:
"If two or more players have the same high number of points, then resolve the tie according to the guidelines in 20.3. If the player controlling the heir would not win the tie, then the heir must be murdered and the game continues."

(The tiebreakers indicated are control of Macedonia, then most Macedonian CU's, and then finally Seniority.)

So determine who is winning by tiebreaker. if this leader controls Alex IV, the game is over and they win. If not, remove Alex (his faction will lose Legitimacy) and play Turn 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.