Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your interest in Chunky Fighters Ex: Extra Chunky!

If you have any questions about the game, ideas, or run into any problems, please let me know here.

-Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My fighters don't work. Can you help? I tried rebooting, but that doesn't fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. First, check the power cord and make sure the fighters are plugged in. Are you using Windows 98, XP, or Vista? You're probably going to have to power down Chunky Fighters and your modem, then restart the modem and finally reinstall the Chunky Fighters v.2 patch. If none of that works, you will probably have to send all of your fighters in to have them repaired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn. They weren't plugged in. Thanks for the help.

(I just printed out the game, and am on to construction)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't beat yourself up, it's a common problem. Just make sure to stow the power cord in the cord storage compartment after use.

(Once you get your copy together, let us know how your games go.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I flipped the "on" switch, and I just figured they were solar powered. So I set them by the window and waited. Then I noticed the power cable in the box, and tossed it. Now I am rooting through the dumpster to try and get it back.

(Don't worry, I'll post pictures as I go along, and a perhaps a short review or at least some comments)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Benson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that I didn't see addressed yet. When I first started looking into this game, I assumed that players could mix and match various body parts to create their fighters. I realize now that wouldn't work, but I am wondering if you've given any thought to creating cards for mash-up characters like this:

Not only would it be fun, it would squeeze more life out of the dice people already have. You could perhaps make an expansion that was just a deck of mash-up character cards.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, the first thing people do when introduced to the game is mix and match the body parts. It never fails. They just like doing it.

To be honest, I never seriously considered allowing Frankenstein-style fighters because I figured players could just pick the strongest parts and build an unbalanced fighter. When designing each fighter, a lot of thought went in to maximum HP levels and how many times a given HP level appears on the die so that the fighters were reasonably balanced.

But you bring up a very interesting idea: predetermined mixed-up fighters. This would assure that the fighters would be balanced, but I think it would really limit creativity. I think that if given the option, people would prefer to make their own mixed-up fighters how they see fit, not choose them from a set list of alternate constructions.

If anyone can come up with a good solution to this, I'd like to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How about some simple "build your own fighter" rules, where you have a certain number of points to build a fighter and each die has a point cost associated with it?

The tricky part is figuring out how the fighter dice relate to the special abilities. Perhaps each special ability card could have a point cost assigned to it, as well, and you can only get a special ability card if you have the appropriate fighter part in your constructed fighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good start. One thing I was always stuck on was the weapon dice. If you boil them down to their basic level, the only information on them is weak, medium, and strong. But some of them (Wizard, for example) have different balances between the three levels, usually to make up for high or low hit point levels. Also, some special abilities depend on specific weapons. There should be some way to balance it all out, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.