Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Panzer Grenadier: Eastern Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions after 1st play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stack
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy Folks,
Just got into this game due to the big sale at Troll and Toad and the general consensus that it provides great solo play. I picked up EFD, BB, BN, Guad, Cassino, C&C, and given my last name, White Eagles of course.

Having played ASL competitively for a few years, back when I actually had an overabundance of spare time, I was able to make it thru the first game with only 2 questions I couldn't find clarification on.

1) Does off board artillery get the +1 shift for "target hex is spotted by firing unit"? I played it with no shift as I assumed the onboard leaders were calling it in as needed and hence are doing the spotting for the OBA.

2) The reduced side of the Soviet 82mm mortars is not supposed to have any fire values, correct? I assumed here my counters are correct and the reduced side represents the remnants of the crews who can't project any serious fire out of their hex but could act as a speed bump if assaulted with the 1FP 12.42 gives them.

Thanks!

Later, Mike S8i


 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeS8i2 wrote:
Howdy Folks,
Just got into this game due to the big sale at Troll and Toad and the general consensus that it provides great solo play. I picked up EFD, BB, BN, Guad, Cassino, C&C, and given my last name, White Eagles of course.


Welcome to the fold, Mike.


Quote:

1) Does off board artillery get the +1 shift for "target hex is spotted by firing unit"? I played it with no shift as I assumed the onboard leaders were calling it in as needed and hence are doing the spotting for the OBA.


You were correct. That shift is only for on-board units like 81/82mm mortars and the like.

Quote:

2) The reduced side of the Soviet 82mm mortars is not supposed to have any fire values, correct? I assumed here my counters are correct and the reduced side represents the remnants of the crews who can't project any serious fire out of their hex but could act as a speed bump if assaulted with the 1FP 12.42 gives them.


Mortars (and all field guns) are one step and have no reduced side. In the case of the smaller mortars, the backside represents "limbered" where the mortars have been packed away. This grants the 82mm unit a movement point bonus of 1.

For the larger guns, limbered units must be towed, and this is represented by a red(?) T in the movement point location on the backside.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.