Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if there is a player that already has a town Elder with them due to the "Hero of the people" secrets card, and then the mystery card "Rumors run rampant" comes up, will that town elder gain a new secret, and will the player that has the elder with them be able to immediately look at that new secret?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new secret will have to be investigated as normal, Your "Hero of the People" may not be so Heroic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much what I thought, but just wanted to check to avoid any dispute here at the table. Now the other thing I am wondering is what happens when you are fighting the Werewolf in the advanced game, and I have the hunting rifle.

The werewolf has the ability "Bestial Speed", which allows him to resolve his attacks prior to the Hero attacking. But, if the Hero has the hunting rifle, it's says to resolve any hits before the opponent gets to fight back.

So I am thinking they just cancel each other out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am thinking they just cancel each other out.

Thats how I have played it also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say they cancel each other too, think First Strike like MtG . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Jones
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that mean the elder that was hero of the people goes "back" to the other elders until someone investigates him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crichtonfarscape wrote:
Would that mean the elder that was hero of the people goes "back" to the other elders until someone investigates him?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.