Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: derailed [+] [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My Spidey senses are telling me it's a fake ad, but you never know so I'm still looking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody reads threads any more.

(My pic appears to be a poster "in the wild" so to speak)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that the new Fleshlight ad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
What I wonder about these ads - why the hell would you add MAYO on top of a sandwich that already had STEAK SAUCE? Bleah!

Oh, and what the heck are her eyes focussed on? Sure isn't the meat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
What I wonder about these ads - why the hell would you add MAYO on top of a sandwich that already had STEAK SAUCE? Bleah!

Because American's love Mayo...

I was completely blown away when I was in DisneyWorld in Florida, and at one of the fast food restaurants in the park, they had a dispenser for ketchup, and one for Mayo so you could douse your fries with Mayo. How awful..

I also never saw more extremely obese people in my life then I did when I went to Disneyworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:
wmshub wrote:

Because American's love Mayo...

I was completely blown away when I was in DisneyWorld in Florida, and at one of the fast food restaurants in the park, they had a dispenser for ketchup, and one for Mayo so you could douse your fries with Mayo. How awful..

I also never saw more extremely obese people in my life then I did when I went to Disneyworld.

I like one of two things on my fries (depending on what kind of fries they are-either battered or plain) and they are vinegar or a ketchup/mustard mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate mayonaisse. I think it might be a southern thing. My mom's from the south and she loves mayo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the score of the US v. Spain match that was held in South Africa?

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:

Mayo on fries is delicious. Period.
And about these obese people at Disneyworld: It's the costume! How would you like whith a Mickey Mouse-costume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
The Carls, Jr. ad makes me want to have a hamburger.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not as bad as the King in the Meat Scented Seduction advert! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
The greater topic for discussion here (should anyone care to have it) is how advertising has gone for "ironic" or "edgy" in an attempt to get noticed, but fails to actually sell a product.

You mean like the two guys kissing to eat the Snickers commercial from the Super Bowl 2 years ago? That commercial just blows my mind. Forget any anti gay whatever stuff. Some idiot thought it was a good idea to try and sell a food product by using a gross-out joke. That is just plain stupid. I hope he was fired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone here seen Idiocracy? Every year reality gets more and more like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

The commercial probably won an award. Apparently several of the Burger King commercials won awards. And yet they're still failing.

I suspect it is because their food sucks and they are expensive. Not a good combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
Anyone here seen Idiocracy?

[...google...imdb...] Why didn't anyone tell me that Mike Judge had made a new movie!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a strange bird. I hesitate to call it a good movie - it's really not. But it's got some hella prescient social commentary. I could be wrong, but I believe that movie came up with the Carls Jr slogan "FUCK YOU IM EATING", before Carl's Jr actually went with "Don't bother me, I'm eating" in real life. I mean, that's insane.

Anyways, it's like all the biting satire of Office Space without the wit and humor to make it a real 4-star attraction. I'd still recommend it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idiocracy is the gulliver's travels of our time.

That said, it is sometimes funny, it gets slow, but well worth watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
It's a strange bird. I hesitate to call it a good movie - it's really not. But it's got some hella prescient social commentary. I could be wrong, but I believe that movie came up with the Carls Jr slogan "FUCK YOU IM EATING", before Carl's Jr actually went with "Don't bother me, I'm eating" in real life. I mean, that's insane.

You don't really think they came up with that without knowing about Idiocracy, do you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
You don't really think they came up with that without knowing about Idiocracy, do you?

Of course not. I'm just stupefied at the irony of taking a sarcastic comment on the state of brain-dead advertising, and making it into your actual brain-dead advertising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
ejcarter wrote:

Of course not. I'm just stupefied at the irony of taking a sarcastic comment on the state of brain-dead advertising, and making it into your actual brain-dead advertising.

But we're IN the Ironic Age. I'd be stupefied if they didn't capitalize on that slogan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone had ever heard of Idiocracy, I'd be with you. But to be ironic, people have to know you're being ironic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Idiocracy isn't a great movie, but it have a couple amazing bits -- namely "It's got electrolytes! It's got what plants crave!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
If anyone had ever heard of Idiocracy, I'd be with you. But to be ironic, people have to know you're being ironic.

I think you and I should just agree to disagree. Let's have some Brawndo's and catch the latest Ow! My Balls!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great. I like money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.