Subject: Death and winning + Kraken card hand limit. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For simplicity's sake, assume no1 takes the Abandon Comrade action. Is there a posthumous victory in this game for those who died? I'd imagine they'd be heroes, so yes, but the rulebook doesn't rule one way or the other.

Also, the Kraken event card says place at +15 and hand limit is 4. If you can't place the destruction token due to remaining time being less than 15, does the hand limit of 4 still apply (to everyone)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, it does. The idea is that the Kraken hit the ship, and it still did. Only, the rescue team will arive before it crushes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
faidutti wrote:
Yes, it does. The idea is that the Kraken hit the ship, and it still did. Only, the rescue team will arive before it crushes it.

Wait, am I to understand that if you have a destruction marker that needs to be placed at +10 or +15 and you have less than that on the timer, then you still place it +10 or +15 away from the event marker?
If so, we should have won all those times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
For simplicity's sake, assume no1 takes the Abandon Comrade action. Is there a posthumous victory in this game for those who died? I'd imagine they'd be heroes, so yes, but the rulebook doesn't rule one way or the other.

I don't think so. The rules say that the player is "eliminated" which implies that he lost. It's every gnome for himself =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Wait, am I to understand that if you have a destruction marker that needs to be placed at +10 or +15 and you have less than that on the timer, then you still place it +10 or +15 away from the event marker?

You don't place it at all. You're at 13 minutes left, the event comes up and says "put it at +15", net result would be -2 minutes, IE, the ship will be crushed by the kraken after the game is already over (you'll either die first, or be rescued before the crushing is completed). He's still out there biting, just not fast enough.

So, don't put the marker down because it's irrelevant, and continue playing. But, if there's some other text on the card that is relevant (like the hand limit text), then that must be dealt with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We should have won all those times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Blacklock
United Kingdom
Lymington
Hants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
We should have won all those times.

I don't get it - what were you doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.