Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Ryan
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The idea behind it is this: when this race is attacked, it rolls the dice in an effort to kill one of the attackers, Blanks are unsuccessful: numbers remove an attacker. To make it more complicated, depending on the number of defenders, the numbers rolled can remove more than one person (1 defender: 1,2,or 3 removes one attacker; 2 defenders: 1 removes 1, 2 and 3 remove 2, etc. up to a maximum of 3).

Or maybe it would work better as a power. Or maybe its just a bad idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would work well as a power I think. I don't see what similarity this has to a phoenix, so here is my suggestion:

Power: Vengeful (4)

If a region with vengeful in it is conquered, roll the reinforcement die. On a result that is not blank, one of the attacking tokens is returned to the box. The attacker then conquers the region as normal (no extra tokens needed even if one was removed by vengeful).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ryan
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, as I was trying to think of a race for it and the first thing that popped into my head was how a Phoenix dies and comes back.....eh, bad choice.

As a power, I would call it counter strike (like the HOMM 3 spell)

We need a Borg: every time you capture a land with a race on it, you assimilate one player as a Borg to be added in redeployment. Then maybe give the Borg a 2 person per land requirment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R A
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat idea. Or it could be an ability - Enslaving? Tiles of the enslaved race if left alone in a space revert to their original owners control. If the original owner conquers a space with one of his own enslaved tokens in it, he gets to use it in his regrouping phase (i.e. he gets it back). This incentive to retake Slaver's places would mean that the number associated with it wouldn't need to be especially low, giving it the potential to be pretty epic, but also the fact it doesn't kill tokens permanently makes it less fearsome in some respects. I reckon it should be able to enslave Lost Tribes as well.

If a space is redeployed but with none of the Enslaving Race then the square is vacated and the respective owners get their tokens back. The Enslaving Race can let a slave die in place of its own unit in combat in the case of defending against an attacker who is not the same race as any enslaved tokens.

I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R A
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This of course means that if the Slave Empire gets pretty big it'll be able to relocate enslaved tokens to a distant side of the board away from its potential liberators. I still like it! Like anything with the appearance of being fierce, it would still get beat down to all hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Orsó
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LashtonBryth wrote:
We need a Borg: every time you capture a land with a race on it, you assimilate one player as a Borg to be added in redeployment. Then maybe give the Borg a 2 person per land requirment.

Am I the only one to think that assimilating a player would be a little bit overpowered? And what happens after the game, the assimilated player gets back to normal, or remains in your possession forever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.