Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Chicago Express» Forums » Rules

Subject: Expand Railroad question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

We played this game for the first time yesterday and one of the questions we had was.


If I choose to expand a railroad in to let's say Pittsburg and the income is at 4 we increase the income for that company by 4 that's fine we get that. but let's say I have a red train in Pittsburg and a blue train decide to expand there do we increase the red and the blue by 4 or it's only increase this way when you develop this city???
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morrison wrote:
Hello

We played this game for the first time yesterday and one of the questions we had was.


If I choose to expand a railroad in to let's say Pittsburg and the income is at 4 we increase the income for that company by 4 that's fine we get that. but let's say I have a red train in Pittsburg and a blue train decide to expand there do we increase the red and the blue by 4 or it's only increase this way when you develop this city???


I think I understand the question, but I think you may have misunderstood a rule.


The Pittsburgh markers starts on "4".

When you place a train into Pittsburgh, you move your red marker up by four income.

If blue does the same thing later, he moves his blue income marker up by four.


If a player - as a different action - chooses to "Develop" the city, then the Pittsburgh markers moves from "4" to "6" and both the blue and red markers would move up two spaces if they were both in the city at the time.

If only the red one was there when it was developed, then red would move up by two. Then, later, when blue arrives, the blue marker would go up by 6.

I hope that makes sense, and I have got it right (slightly from memory).


BTW ... That is possibly the most disturbing avatar I have seen - what's it from ?


N.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always verify the current income of any railroad by checking the income level of every city and mountain that a railroad has built into and adding up those numbers (including any developed hexes), then adding that to the company's starting income level.

I typically double-check incomes this way at least once a game or two. ninja

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:



If only the red one was there when it was developed, then red would move up by two. Then, later, when blue arrives, the blue marker would go up by 6.








My question was this when the blue arrives he goes up by six but the red doesn't go up at all.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morrison wrote:
Moviebuffs wrote:



If only the red one was there when it was developed, then red would move up by two. Then, later, when blue arrives, the blue marker would go up by 6.








My question was this when the blue arrives he goes up by six but the red doesn't go up at all.



Correct.


N.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.