Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

7 Ages» Forums » Rules

Subject: what if the only age 2 empire is forced back to age 1 (by the Hun's)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evertjan van de Kaa
Netherlands
den haag
zuid holland
flag msg tools
I playes 7 ages yesterday and we had a strange situation that gave me the folowing question:

when 1 empire is in age two and that empire has to move back to age 1 can other players still play age 2 empires or not?

The situation:

One of the empires went to place 8 of the progress track. He thus went frome age 1 to age 2. This allowed all players to play age 2 empires. I was the first player. I started the Hun empire (i think it was the Hun, the empire with attilla). They get an extra manouvre and when they conquer a city the empire that loses that city goes back one space on the progress track (and the hun score 2 GP if they forced an empire to an earlier age). This was exactly what i managed to do to the only player who was (just) in age 2. Hence after my start empire fase there were no empires in age 2.

(i actualy combined this with an extra manouvre. thus in the first manouvre i took the city and in the second spread out to get the most area's in the world GP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the humanity enter a dark age and go back to Age 1 until another empire get up to Age 2... I fear the people starting their empires after yours are gonna kill you dead really hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejvandekaa wrote:
I playes 7 ages yesterday and we had a strange situation that gave me the folowing question:

when 1 empire is in age two and that empire has to move back to age 1 can other players still play age 2 empires or not?

No. The age currently occupied by the most advanced empire on the track determines what new empires can be played. You'll have to wait a turn to play that age 2 empire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Notice this can go the other way.
If the most advanced empire is in space 28, and somebody starts Venetians, age 5 has begun instantly and the next player can start Marathas (age 5+).
(and this would be a clever move, since Venetians would get 20 gold for producing units)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.