Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Panic looks like a really fun game! Any way that we can get the rules? The link on the company site doesn't work. Looking forward to this one!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ski.

It looks like I had a bad link to the rules on our site, but it's fixed now. I've also posted the rules to the Files section of the game page, but that may not show up for a little while until it gets approved.

Thanks again,
Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Montoya
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
PLAY MORE BOARDGAMES!
badge
“I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up.” ― Marty Feldman
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked out the rules online...
Looks nice!
Clean, colorful design.
Simple, yet intriguing...
You can play the "Co-Op" version with "Less Panic" options for a kid friendly or easy family game.
You can play the "Standard" version as a family game or light strategy co-op.
You can play the "Overlord" version with "More Panic" options for a tougher, more competitive game.
You can mix and match any of the Less/More Panic options with any of the three modes of play for variety.
I can tone it down to play with my nephews and I can ramp it up to play with my group!
I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering where any new co-op games were this year... There were so many great ones last year (Pandemic, Ghost Stories, BSG, etc.), but there was nothing on the horizon this year that I knew of. This sounds really fun, and I like that you've included an option for a player to play as the monsters. Also, making a board game out of Tower Defense, essentially, was one of those brilliant, wish I'd thought of it kind of ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that there is an expected release date of September, 2009. I hope so, because this looks like a good family Christmas present. . . wait, my son has a birthday at the end of September . . . hmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this at BGGCon last year. (I see Justin even posted a picture of me playing at BGGCon.) A very fast-playing co-op game. Justin's a friend, but I'm still gonna give him $35 for a copy of the game for my collection. I know this will get pulled out sometimes when I need a quick co-op game (it's a little faster than Pandemic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. P. Harris
United States
flag msg tools
PhilReed wrote:
I played this at BGGCon last year. (I see Justin even posted a picture of me playing at BGGCon.) A very fast-playing co-op game. Justin's a friend, but I'm still gonna give him $35 for a copy of the game for my collection. I know this will get pulled out sometimes when I need a quick co-op game (it's a little faster than Pandemic).

Is it easier than Pandemic? TIA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fofluff wrote:
Is it easier than Pandemic? TIA![/q]

Easier to learn and play, yes. The game can get nasty, though, as we saw in a session on Saturday when a player drew 10 monsters in one round (you normally draw 2 each round, but his draws were exceptionally terrifying and we were suddenly swarmed).

I played this twice on Saturday at the Dallas Games Marathon and each session was right around one hour in length.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very awesome indeed!

Does anyone know if it will be available at Essen2009?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Easier than Pandemic?

I think Phil summed it up pretty good, it's easier to learn than Pandemic and you can plan ahead a little easier in Castle Panic. However, you shouldn't underestimate either of them, things can go bad quick!

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Faerun wrote:
Looks very awesome indeed!

Does anyone know if it will be available at Essen2009?

That's still being decided. Since this is our first game we're learning a lot about how the business works and international retailers are still a big part of that. I would say that at this point we will likely try to have demo copies of it in the library and it will likely be available for sale somewhere at the show.

I can't be more specific than that yet, but I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime it's available at many online retailers like Thoughthammer.com, funagaingames.com and others.

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.