Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The time has come for my to give up my crown and pass it on to my most worthy D1 Mason-buddy, Leaves. Everyone say hi.

Leaves wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

Well, I realized I don't have that much to put in my bio (my life so far has been kind of uneventful ) so I'll just talk about stuff for a while laugh

My real name is Gabriel, I'm Romanian and I turned 20 in December. I'm currently a college student. Other than my parents, I have a slightly older sister, grandparents and some aunts and uncles. I also have a girlfriend I'm very much in love with. We don't want to get married or have children, but we've talked about leaving the country together or sharing an apartment someday. I also tried to get her into WW but while she thinks the idea is fun she has an actual job and not enough free time

In terms of gaming, I've played chess and a lot of card games, mostly when I was younger. I like computer games, mostly RPGs (Baldur's Gate series, Planescape Torment, KotOR, NWN2, anything by Troika etc), but I've also played some puzzle/adventure games.

I got into WW after googling something about online games and following a lot of Wikipedia links. My first game felt epic and I slept maybe 4 hours per night while it went on (I kept trying to figure out who was what, it just completely took over my brain). It turned out to be quite addictive so I kept playing, mostly automods and basic games at first before I tried more complex games. I'm a big fan of hidden roles and/or chatroom games and games with unusual roles (neutral roles are a big plus!).

My two truths and a lie:

1) I asked a girl to pierce my ears when I was 12.
2) I didn't learn to swim until I was 16.
3) I've never had a hangover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Leaves! I'll leave a few questions now and do some more later.

-First, not a question, but Gabriel is an awesome name.
-What is your major in college?
-What is your favorite D&D class to play (in Baldur's Gate et al. if you don't play D&D in person)? Alignment?
-What is the significance of your username?
-Congratulations, you've just won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world for up to a month! Where are you choosing to go?
-What do you most hope to accomplish in the next five years?
-What is your favorite WW role that you've played?
-What WW role have you yet to play but would like to? You can make up a new one if you want.
-Turning your own question back around on you: What theme would you most like to see in a WW game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, 100 Wolves of the Week!

d10-1d10-0d10-0
1vpgoogoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To which country would you like to move if you leave Romania?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneaky evilish piece of chlorophyl
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Congrats, Leaves! I'll leave a few questions now and do some more later.

Thanks so much, Stat

StatSig wrote:
-First, not a question, but Gabriel is an awesome name.

It's actually fairly common here laugh

StatSig wrote:

Computer science. It's not my life's calling but I was trying to be realistic (available jobs, money, etc) soblue

StatSig wrote:
-What is your favorite D&D class to play (in Baldur's Gate et al. if you don't play D&D in person)? Alignment?

Sorcerer, because I like magic classes but I don't like having to prepare spells in advance (plus, I'd want to have high charisma anyway for diplomacy and bluff). Also, thief.

Alignment depends on what I feel like roleplaying at the moment. If I could only pick one it would be Chaotic Neutral.

StatSig wrote:
-What is the significance of your username?

Well, I like plants but that wasn't really the point when I picked it. I wanted to pick something that was an ordinary word but sounded nice when translated to English. I got the idea while looking at a tree. There were no leaves on the tree but looking at the tree made me think of leaves and I liked how that sounded so I went with it

StatSig wrote:
-Congratulations, you've just won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world for up to a month! Where are you choosing to go?

Oooh. Not sure, probably Japan.

StatSig wrote:
-What do you most hope to accomplish in the next five years?

Leave the country and get a job that isn't completely soul crushing. Also, it would be great if my girlfriend and I were still an item then and if we could make this move together. But obviously a lot can change in five years and I'm really not that good at making long term plans.

StatSig wrote:
-What is your favorite WW role that you've played?

Neutral mason laugh That was a lot of fun while it lasted.

StatSig wrote:
-What WW role have you yet to play but would like to? You can make up a new one if you want.

Cultist. I like being aux evil but not knowing who the wolves are makes me FUD less than I'd like to. Maybe a sorcerer who knows the wolves.

StatSig wrote:
-Turning your own question back around on you: What theme would you most like to see in a WW game?

Anything that starts with a group of adventurers on a mission, of course with some evils in their midst and if possible a lot of neutrals or different factions with interesting victory conditions. More games like the Diablo and Descent ones (which I was too busy to play in ) or The Mummy (I swear that game haunts me laugh ) Also, maybe something based on Vampire: the Masquerade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But if the wolf of the week leaves, how are we going to have a thread about him? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Snaak wrote:
Congrats you sexy vampire! kiss

Thanks laugh blush

Snaak wrote:
You've told me before that you don't really like Romania and now I see you actually want to leave the country at some point.

Well, it's ok to visit but living in it is a different matter laugh

Snaak wrote:
Although I think I can understand why, as someone who has Romania in their top 5 of countries to visit in his lifetime, I'd like you to tell me about 3 things that are totally worth it to see or experience over there.

Let's see:
- Sighisoara: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sighi%C5%9Foara
It looks like a medieval town, plus there's a really cool festival each summer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sighi%C5%9Foara_Medieval_Festiv...
- The mountains! I haven't been there in ages but there are some really great views. I've only been to the Bucegi so far but all of them would probably be nice. The Bucegi also have some interestingly shaped rocks if you like weird natural landmarks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucegi_Mountains
- Never been there but I keep hearing the Delta is great: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danube_Delta I've seen lots of great pictures from there and I'd like to go there someday.

Also, if you like castles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele%C5%9F_Castle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran_Castle

Snaak wrote:
Also, is synthetic blood really that disgusting compared to true blood?

But, but, I don't drink blood. It's like Diet Coke!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
To which country would you like to move if you leave Romania?

I'm considering other European countries, but it's fairly easy to get citizenship in Canada. I haven't really decided on anything, and it depends on a lot of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nykkel wrote:
But if the wolf of the week leaves, how are we going to have a thread about him? whistle

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaves wrote:

StatSig wrote:

Computer science. It's not my life's calling but I was trying to be realistic (available jobs, money, etc) soblue

so what is your lifes calling? Or what would you do if you didn't have to be realistic and thinkg about available jobs, money, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Congratulations!

What are your favorite books?

What do you do for downtime between WW games?

Is there a WW role you'd like to see more of in rolesets?

I'll go with #2 as the lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I forgot to guess the lie! I agree with ElAdo. I bet you've never learned to swim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
Leaves wrote:

StatSig wrote:

so what is your lifes calling? Or what would you do if you didn't have to be realistic and thinkg about available jobs, money, etc?

Freelance travel photographer, maybe laugh I also really wish I had some kind of artistic talent, like painting.

Other things I considered when I was younger and had no idea what real jobs were like: psychology, acting, literature and (don't laugh) treasure hunting laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Congratulations!

Thank you!

ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

I think I change my opinion on this a lot laugh (at least, I've read a lot of books that I liked but I'm not always sure if they count as favorites) Right now, I'd say Moorcock's "Elric of Melniboné", George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series (though I haven't read all the ones that are out), the first few Dune books, Pratchett and Gaiman's "Good Omens" and the first two of Pullman's "His Dark Materials" books (I thought the last one was kind of disappointing). Hmm, I seem to be in a fantasy mood.

ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
What do you do for downtime between WW games?

In terms of gaming, I mostly play computer games. Other than that, reading or watching something, going for walks, spending time with my girlfriend, friends etc.

ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Is there a WW role you'd like to see more of in rolesets?

Masons, witches, telepaths, vampires, scavengers, necromancers... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planescape: Torment: Best game ever, or the best game in the entire history of everything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Leaves!

I'd guess number two cuz I still haven't learned to swim.

What is your favorite Color?

What word would you use to describe werewolf?

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Planescape: Torment: Best game ever, or the best game in the entire history of everything?

I love that game. I wish newer games had that much thought put into them, PT just had so much content and substance and wow, the story with all those twists and turns wow Also, I really wish there were more games in the Planescape setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaves! I'm so excited that you're wolf of the week! You're totally deserving! I've had so much fun in the private chat games with you. I even liked when you were the sorc and I was the seer in the apathy game.

I think #2 is the lie.

1. What is it about fantasy books that appeals to you?
2. Do you prefer good roles in werewolf or evil roles?
3. How excited were you when you were contacted about being wolf of the week?
4. Would you like to try writing a book someday? If so, what would you like to write about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Leaves wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

I think I change my opinion on this a lot laugh (at least, I've read a lot of books that I liked but I'm not always sure if they count as favorites) Right now, I'd say Moorcock's "Elric of Melniboné", George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series (though I haven't read all the ones that are out), the first few Dune books, Pratchett and Gaiman's "Good Omens" and the first two of Pullman's "His Dark Materials" books (I thought the last one was kind of disappointing). Hmm, I seem to be in a fantasy mood.

They are all good choices!

Especially the George RR Martin ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
_SelenA_ wrote:
Congrats Leaves!

Thanks!

_SelenA_ wrote:
What is your favorite Color?

Green or bluish green.

_SelenA_ wrote:
What word would you use to describe werewolf?

Drama, and I don't mean it in a negative sense here, I like it when it feels like an emotional rollercoaster laugh

_SelenA_ wrote:
Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Mulan.

_SelenA_ wrote:
Enjoy your week!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bluelise wrote:
Leaves! I'm so excited that you're wolf of the week! You're totally deserving!

Thank you blush

bluelise wrote:
I've had so much fun in the private chat games with you.

I really liked it when we were "masons" in the Mummy game. Well, the good times before it all fell apart laugh

bluelise wrote:
I even liked when you were the sorc and I was the seer in the apathy game.

Really? I felt really bad when you said it bothered you, I had thought it was just a standard counterclaim battle so I didn't mean to. Well, I felt a bit bad before that because of the "mason" thing, but not for counterclaiming, etc. I'm sorry, again, and I'm glad there are no hard feelings

bluelise wrote:
1. What is it about fantasy books that appeals to you?

Well, escapism is part of it, probably. But I like reading about strange fictional worlds and characters and all kinds of situations that are realistic but would be less likely to exist in a modern setting (well, realistic if the book is good!). It's kind of the same reason why I like to roleplay in single-player CRPGs laugh

bluelise wrote:
2. Do you prefer good roles in werewolf or evil roles?

Evil cool Well, it could just be that I've been good more often. I find playing evil more stressful but also more fun, and definitely worth it for those moments when it all comes together Though I prefer neutral roles most of all.

bluelise wrote:
3. How excited were you when you were contacted about being wolf of the week?

Very! I was like, "Wow, really? laugh" Though I did feel a bit self conscious because I took a break from playing and hadn't played that well before blush

bluelise wrote:
4. Would you like to try writing a book someday? If so, what would you like to write about?

I don't know. I'd want to (probably something fantasy or sci-fi) but I don't think I'd have the talent or the personality for it. I'd probably get distracted, lose the plot and go off on wild tangents laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Number one is the obvious lie.

It was a guy, and it was Snaak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Congrats leaves! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:
Number one is the obvious lie.

It was a guy, and it was Snaak.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Congrats leaves! kiss

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.