Subject: Rio Grande Games gets an attaboy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Stratton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I wanted to tell everyone about the excellent customer service I received from Rio Grande Games.

I just recently purchased and received Puerto Rico from an online dealer in order to spend some birthday money I got through Amazon.com. When I got the game, having never played it, but played a lot of Agricola, I had some friends come over to teach me how. So, we get the game out, and punch out everything, and my buddy tells me that I'm missing some stuff.

Ugh.

so, I e-mail rio grande games, and tell them a problem. The person got back to me the next day, and told me he would have the missing pieces sent. Lo and behold, yesterday I got all the missing pieces in the mail, no questions asked.

I understand that mistakes happen, and I'm very thankful that Rio Grande Games made the problem right with only an e-mail from me.

Thanks Rio Grande games! You rock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What were you missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Stratton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game comes with 4 punch cards for all the tiles, buildings, money, and vps - and I was missing one of the 4 punch cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay from Rio Grande has always been helpful in replacing pieces, even ones I lost opposed to any error on their part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeopile wrote:
The game comes with 4 punch cards for all the tiles, buildings, money, and vps - and I was missing one of the 4 punch cards.

[nitpick]The established term is "countersheet".[/nitpick]

Were you able to play without the 4th sheet? Too bad if not, but such things happen occasionally :(

/kgm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Stratton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kgm3219 wrote:
Aeopile wrote:

[nitpick]The established term is "countersheet".[/nitpick]

Were you able to play without the 4th sheet? Too bad if not, but such things happen occasionally

/kgm

My friends and I just had to settle for playing another game of Agricola. We were basically missing half the victory points and one of every building and a variety of field tokens.

countersheet, huh? Good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay T. and Rio Grande Games have always been tops in customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. $2.50 got me all the replacement colonists I needed (I only had 96). This was a flat mailing rate: if I was missing a few other components I'm sure he would have thrown them in too.

I spent hours of searching stores and friends' houses for wooden dowel rods and saws to make my own; I never thought that I could just ask the publisher! D'OH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.