Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We finished the evening with three games of Fineto. After being introduced to this game at Alan Moon’s Gathering of Friends, I knew that it would prove to be a popular filler, especially with families and at our church. I was able to secure two copies, which I combined, thereby expanding the number who can play to eight.

After playing the game a few times at the Gathering, I described it thusly: “If Rack-O and Take it Easy were to get together, Fineto would be their illegitimate child.” The objective of the game is to be the first to arrange all twelve tokens in numerical order. Each player receives set of plastic tokens numbered 1 – 12, and a board with spaces numbered 1 – 20, with multiple spaces for most numbers. Game play is exceedingly simple. One player rolls the 20-sided die, and each player must place one of their three face-up numbers onto the corresponding space on their board. If all spaces depicting that number are already occupied, the player must place the token on the first empty space to the left or right of the actual number. This process continues until players have placed all of their twelve tokens. Unless someone is possessed with an unbelievable luck gene, at this point, no one will have all of their tokens in numerical order.

Subsequently, with each roll of the die, players must move one of their tokens to the number rolled. The same placement rules as described above still apply. This process continues until one player successfully arranges all of his tokens in numerical order. That’s it! Fineto is simple, fast and fun. It has that, “Let’s play one more time!” effect, which is always a positive sign. True, there is very little strategy beyond giving oneself a bit of placement flexibility when deciding where to place one’s tokens. Still, it is fun and addictive, just like Take it Easy and Rack-O.

Dan, Bill, Rhonda, Astra, Trip, Lila and I played three quick games in succession, with victories going to Bill, Astra and me.

Ratings: Greg 7, Lila 7, Rhonda 6.5, Dan 6, Bill 6, Trip 5.5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.