Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Tang
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I apologize ahead of time if this has already been asked but since it's a quick question: are there card sleeves for this game? I love card sleeves and I love Lost Cities so I have a feeling I might love card sleeves for my Lost Cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
tryp09 wrote:
I apologize ahead of time if this has already been asked but since it's a quick question: are there card sleeves for this game? I love card sleeves and I love Lost Cities so I have a feeling I might love card sleeves for my Lost Cities.

I've never seen such big sleeves advertised but I invested in another Lost Cities so when the cards wear out I'll be good-to-go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card sleeves for large cards like these (and Blue Moon) are so far only available in Korea. Let's hope that Mayday Games will produce this size sleeves soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought some sort of plastic slip, they may have been for photographs because the texture of the plastic reminds me of those old photo albums where you pull back the plastic and put the picture on the page. I don't think they were advertised as card sleeves in any case. I also had to trim off the top of them, but they work alright for Lost Cities and Blue Moon. This was like almost 2 years ago and I don't have them at my current residence.

If I can find the info again I will post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry it took me a while to respond:

www.uniquepacking.com

size: 3" x 5"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tang
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
holy smokes! 40 bucks? I'd rather get 2 more copies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall it costing anywhere near that but it was like 2 years ago that I bought them.

I don't even know if I bought them from that website, but that was the address on the package of the sleeves.

Sorry it wasn't of much help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tryp09 wrote:

Here you can see they are $12.50 for 1000, meaning 1.25 cents per sleeve. Just a bit more expensive than your regular penny sleeves. They don't have the same nice feel, but will protect your cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daezee wrote:
tryp09 wrote:

Here you can see they are $12.50 for 1000, meaning 1.25 cents per sleeve. Just a bit more expensive than your regular penny sleeves. They don't have the same nice feel, but will protect your cards.

1000 sleeves may be wasteful for just Lost Cities but if you have a full set of Blue Moon it's probably worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Overbay
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please post the exact size in mm of the Lost Cities cards. I'm hoping that the new sleeves Mayday is producing for the oversize War of the Ring CE cards will also maybe fit Lost Cities' cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
70mm X 110mm Hope that helps!!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Overbay
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
70mm X 110mm Hope that helps!!

Jim

Thanks Jim!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey has anyone tried the mayday card sleeves for lost cities yet?

I got some of the earlier ones they had which were advertised at 70x120mm - not specifically for lost cities though. I figured I could trim them. The ones I got were 68mm though and didnt fit.

Mayday have been great and have sent two more replacements - they're adamant that they fit Lost Cities, but the first replacement was 65mm and the next one is 68mm again.

I've just been reading through the email discussion and Sarah (mayday customer services) is pretty clear that other customers have found that these sleeves work for this game, so curious if anyone here has had any success.

Any success stories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the trouble, Sarah is mistaken. Lost Cities is 70 X 110 and those card sleeves will not be released until mid-December (2010). You can find them on our site and there is a link from the main page for them (click on the Lost Cities game).

Please email seth@maydaygames.com and I can send you out some proper sized replacements in a few weeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toebus
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Best card in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got these sleeves and they're great. Only problem is they don't fit in the original insert without bending the sleeves a bit. I'll have to think of something to replace the original insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mayday Games has sleeves for Lost Cities here.
Because it was mentioned on this thread, Blue Moon sleeves are here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here they are now http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-70-110-mm-magnum-silver-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the cards fit back into the insert with the mayday lost cities specific sleeves (100 Large Sized Card Sleeves #2: 70 MM X 110 MM Sleeves for Lost Cities and more)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
Do the cards fit back into the insert with the mayday lost cities specific sleeves (100 Large Sized Card Sleeves #2: 70 MM X 110 MM Sleeves for Lost Cities and more)?

They do not. I removed the insert and bagged the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laphilfan wrote:
SJack wrote:

They do not. I removed the insert and bagged the cards.

oh no! well, that's a tricky dilemma. insert or sleeves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.