Lyle T
United States
Baton Rouge
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl is now available for download at www.bloodbowl-game.com. I got it yesterday and played a couple games (it released a day earlier than they indicated). I'm thinking it might be time to start a BGG league...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it downloaded and installed last night, myself! I really enjoyed the on-line beta, short as it was, and look forward to more League mayhem starting today at 5pm CST!!

Gotta get my Human team together, and test-drive some of the others for potential playability. Orcs were not really my kind of team, so I can imagine struggling with similar, smash-mouth/smash-face teams.

Fun, fun, fun!! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on the PSP version? Sounds like the perfect NYC commute game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is still no US distributor, as far as I know, but I think they are hoping to have the physical release for all platforms in the US in September.

I got my digital download last night and tried out a few matches against the AI, which was actually decently entertaining, if a little cage-happy.

A BGG league would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Securom and limited activations lost any interest I had in it.
Ah well, perhaps it will come out on Steam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is relly good. Very faithful and easy to pick up after a play or two. I wish the tutorials were better for newbs. I was hoping to put my firends and wife in front of the tutorial to spark their interest. Great for people who have played the game, but I don't think someone new would be able to understand the game from watching these.

Still a great game though and I would recomend picking it up. You can get enough from the tutorials and rule book to know what you are doing and test your skills against the computer. Then when you learn the game get online for some smashing fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be on Steam in September as well, as far as the plan goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travistdale wrote:

Will it be released in some playable form on the PC eventually? I'd love to be able to play matches online against other people, but I don't especially find Steam to be any more bearable than other flavours of DRM, so it seems the only option is to get it for the DS, when that comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Why are all the other versions being released in September? Makes the time between now and September sound like an additional beta test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
How close it it to the boardgame?

The turn-based mode is a pretty much exact representation, save for the fact that there are only 8 playable races. Still, it's very impressive.

Another "Blitz" mode adds some extra flavor to the turn-based game: training, inducements, contract negotiations, etc...

Finally there's a real-time version as well which I haven't played yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigtex01 wrote:
Why are all the other versions being released in September? Makes the time between now and September sound like an additional beta test.

The PC, PSP, and DS versions should all available in France and Germany as of tomorrow. But they do not have a distributor for other countries yet. The XBox version was always planned for September, for the additional effort to get it to work with XBox Live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Lady Solitas wrote:
travistdale wrote:

Will it be released in some playable form on the PC eventually? I'd love to be able to play matches online against other people, but I don't especially find Steam to be any more bearable than other flavours of DRM, so it seems the only option is to get it for the DS, when that comes out.

YMMV of course. I have a rabid dislike for Starforce, Securom and the rest of em, to the point where I refuse to buy any game that is infected with them, but I have yet to have any trouble at all from Steam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travistdale wrote:
MrSkeletor wrote:
How close it it to the boardgame?

The turn-based mode is a pretty much exact representation, save for the fact that there are only 8 playable races. Still, it's very impressive.

Hmmmm...I don't know about that. I like the game a lot, but there are some things missing that I have found already and I have only played 4 games. I will be posting to their site today. Some things I noticed missing, or possibly missing and I just haven't found them yet:

1) Journeymen - They are in there, but you don't have the option to not take them, they are just added to your team. This isn't a huge deal, but I was worried when I couldn't hire one. Also some teams don't want them if it will mean 40k more for the star player.

2) Inducements - No wizzard, Bloodweiser Babes, Halfling Chef. And I don't think you can buy bribes, but I will have to check that one again.

3) No special play cards.

4) Only 1 Star Player per team, not all the options in the LRB. This is very limiting especially if you are playing with teams very far apart in Team Value.

5) No Assistant Coaches.

6) No using Apoth for KOed guys although I think this is an update and may not be official yet.

7) Rosters not complete - No Bombardier on goblin team.

Like I said, I am not complaining, I actually really like the game. But they are advertising a game that has all the rules of the LRB and it doesn't. Hopefully they will add these things soon. Maybe I missed something, or lots of things but like I said I have only played 4 games so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel silverthorne
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boing..... i cant wait. i will be downloading this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded and installed it. Need to get used to the user interface and increased the time between turns manually. Also a bit sad that the highest available resolution is 1280x1024.

But it's great to play and awesome fun (despite a few details).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You Know My Name
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Downloaded! I ran through a tutorial this morning which went over the basics of left-click/right-click. Unfortunately, my laptop has a crappy video card. I think I can get it to run okay if I drop all the video settings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought and downloaded the game as well. I'd love to get in on a BGG league, looks like there may be enough interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be in on a BGG league. (I'm a noob so it will be a week or two before I've figured the game out well enough to log on to the server, though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a great resource that comes with the game that I didn't see at first. If you go to the Cyanide directory under "All Programs" in windows. Click the button that says Goodies. Look at the Strategy Guide it is fanstastic. I would recomend starting on page 66. You can go back and read the race specific stuff later if you want, but it is a great resource for newbies and experienced players alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobDoctor wrote:
I'd be in on a BGG league. (I'm a noob so it will be a week or two before I've figured the game out well enough to log on to the server, though.)

I'd be more than willing to go through a practice game or two with you to explain some of the basics, just shoot me a PM. If you can use Ventrilo, even better...I can explain over voice chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and set up a 12 team league. I'll PM the league info to those who have said they purchased the game here, but if you'd like to join PM me and I'll forward the info along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered the boxed version here in germany. It's available at amazon and should be here on monday. Would love to join a league...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travistdale wrote:
bigtex01 wrote:

The PC, PSP, and DS versions should all available in France and Germany as of tomorrow. But they do not have a distributor for other countries yet. The XBox version was always planned for September, for the additional effort to get it to work with XBox Live.

PSP and DS got pushed back to 10th of July in Germany and likely France, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like Securom and the like, but NOT supporting a small company like Cyanide is basically saying you'd rather they hadn't made the game at all. They rely on people paying to get by and i have waited for a decent version of Blood Bowl for years and i'm happy to pay them every penny even if £39.99 is more than i have paid for a PC game in years.

If you hate securom so much, download it for free off a warez site and then pay for a licence anyway or don't complain that your fave boardgames never come out on PC.

As far as the game goes, it's awesome... I'm playing Chaos, and i'm only having issues against those sneaky Skaven... I did lose the last match to the Reikland Reavers after a bad tactical play, but almost pulled it back to 2-2 when they only had 3 players left on the pitch and all were stunned... If only the halves were longer!

I have already had more games with this than i ever had with my actual copies of BB 1st & 2nd Editions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Fellas.

I'm getting ready to smack the Download button in the morning as I've been salivating over this all day.

How is the AI? Is it stupid or will it give me (an experienced BB player) a run for my money?

I'm a PC noob (haven't really played a game on a pc in years), what's all the concern about the softwares you talk about?

I'm unlikely to play online for various reasons, is this game good enough to play solo against the AI or in hotseat mode?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.