Popular Tags: [View All]
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would FFG take up half the box with a crappy insert and then not leave you enough room to sort everything? Did anyone keep it in and have room for everything? I tried and I could not get the cards out of that damn hole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't keep the insert, but another guy I know with the game did. He but a band tie around the cards and they come out pretty easily. I still think that bagging the cards into groups - flares, normal deck, tech, destiny speeds up setup and cleanup; so I'll never go back to the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:
Why would FFG take up half the box with a crappy insert and then not leave you enough room to sort everything? Did anyone keep it in and have room for everything? I tried and I could not get the cards out of that damn hole.

The insert was awful, I put it in the recycling before I broke open the bags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see what the complaining is about. The insert keeps the cards from jostling around (I've got them ziplocked and tucked into the provided slot) and creates a space almost exactly the height of the alien cards so they don't jostle around much either. I'm not hurting for space and everything fits and is nicely secured.

If you don't care for the insert then go ahead an toss it. But it's definitely functional.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept the insert, but it'll only be an expansion or two before it's gone. I have my cards bagged, and even then they still don't stay in their slot. I tend to just stick the cards under the side of the insert with the card slot. Everything else fits pretty well in the main compartment without much room to move around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using the insert with no problem. There is enough room to hold everything. Cards are in the slot. Individual colors of ships are each in their own bag. Another bag for all the special tokens. The planets and alien power cards fit perfectly in the large area. The alien powers actually keep everything in place. The warp and gate go on top with no issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an insert? I must have tossed it so fast that I have no recollection of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Humphreys
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I am using the insert with no problem. There is enough room to hold everything. Cards are in the slot. Individual colors of ships are each in their own bag. Another bag for all the special tokens. The planets and alien power cards fit perfectly in the large area. The alien powers actually keep everything in place. The warp and gate go on top with no issues.

Same here. I had no problems with the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The warp doesn't even fit in it. It has to kind of balance half over the hole on the top of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always plan on keeping the games around as long as possible in the best condition as possible, especially for the ones that hit the table the most ----

With CE, I, as I do with most games, got rid of the insert and 1) Sleeve the cards, and 2) Ziploc everything in an organized fashion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clark
United States
Clay
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I couldn't stand the insert. So far, it's the only insert I've thrown away from any game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I don't see what the complaining is about. The insert keeps the cards from jostling around (I've got them ziplocked and tucked into the provided slot) and creates a space almost exactly the height of the alien cards so they don't jostle around much either. I'm not hurting for space and everything fits and is nicely secured.

If you don't care for the insert then go ahead an toss it. But it's definitely functional.

-MMM

I found it very good for an insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tossed mine yet, but I've been tempted. Once I start playing more frequently, I'm sure I'll get tired of it. Or perhaps when the expansion comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the insert. though i don't put the cards in the slot. I keep the planets there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
Pasadena
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found it an above-average insert (not saying much), and can easily fit everything back in. Hopefully that won't be true once the expansion's out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:
The warp doesn't even fit in it. It has to kind of balance half over the hole on the top of it.

I totally fit in it... what are you talking about??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:

Why would you put the warp in the well? I just put it on the half that holds the cards. There is plenty of room between the insert and the lid that you can fit both the warp and the cone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Insert works fine for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
petar todosic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an old furnace. I threw the insert in the furnace the minute i opened the box, which I usually dont do.

Then, Day 2, I relocated everything (except the rules) from CE box to the Race for the galaxy box, and trasnlocated the Race for the galaxy with its two expansions (Gathering storm and Rebel vs Imperium) into the Gathering storm box, so now, everything fits tiglty and doesnt move arround the box while i carry it.

CE box has double the space needed for the game, and the insert was crappy, the thing with the Warp peeking half way over the insert is what pissed me off the most.

Btw, i sleaved the cars at once, and am now planning to put the sheets into a plastic coverage (melding) because i had a couple of drops of watter on some of them and it made an ugly little blister on the sheet.

Dont know where to buy the exact size sleeves, the ones that i bought are wider than the Cosmic deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Calahan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the game. Insert was in the recycling 15 minutes after I opened the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.