Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am attending a convention (ACM Siggraph) at the convention center in downtown New Orleans August 1-August 7. Are there any games clubs or groups around that day or meet nearby during the week? I will probably have a car Saturday but not during the rest of the week.

Is there anyone else attending Siggraph who would be interested in playing some games at night? I could bring a few.

-Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Nakamura
Brazil
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be attending Siggraph too and I do like board games, although they are hard to find in Brazil (that is, except for localized versions of Monopoly, Risk, Clue and a few others). As for playing games, I'm planning on using (at least part of) the free time I get to know the city... but who knows.

Ricardo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Frye
United Kingdom
Farnborough
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there and would be up for some games (jet-lag permitting).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren T
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
I am from New Orleans and do wargaming. If you are interested in that, feel free to follow me on Twitter .... wwiigamer.... and I will retweet about your request to find gamers in town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I brought Power Grid (Benelux/Central Europe and China/Korea) and Ticket to Ride (USA/1910). I'd be open to meeting Thursday and/or Friday evenings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wwiigamer wrote:
I am from New Orleans and do wargaming. If you are interested in that, feel free to follow me on Twitter .... wwiigamer.... and I will retweet about your request to find gamers in town.

Thanks for the kind offer! I am not particularly interested in wargames though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren T
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
No problem at all. Hope you have a great time in New Orleans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fairchild
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from New Orleans. I'll be attending siggraph Thursday. My group meets on Saturday nights. If you are still in town, you are welcome to join us. You seem to like the same games we do. Acquire is still my favorite game.

If you happen to see me at the convention, please feel free to approach me. I have long curly brown hair and a long beard.

-Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrZof COG wrote:
I'm from New Orleans. I'll be attending siggraph Thursday. My group meets on Saturday nights. If you are still in town, you are welcome to join us. You seem to like the same games we do. Acquire is still my favorite game.

One week too late! I was here last Saturday night with nothing to do, but I'll be flying out Saturday morning. Thanks for the invitation! I love Acquire, and I understand the strategy much better having played it a lot online (www.gametableonline.com).

-Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.