Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. I'll take one of each, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for thinking of me. There are some beautiful weapons there. Of course, the "Ladies Muff Pistol" was intriguing and terrifying at the same time. I'm not an antique firearms kind of gun guy but fortunately Owsley Brown Frazier of the Brown-Foreman bourbon distillery family is. In fact, I live less than 5 minutes from this museum, which houses his personal collection and well as many other rare, unique and historical firearms.

"Frazier International History Museum, Louisville, KY

For anyone who has an interest in weaponry, this is the place to go. Formerly the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, the Frazier International History Museum focuses on American and British arms and armour. The building includes 75,000 square feet of exhibition space on three floors, two interpretative areas, a 120 seat auditorium, a 48 seat movie theater, and many, many interactive displays.

Open since May of 2004, the museum competes with historical arms collections in Europe and major U.S. cities. The Frazier's permanent collection, containing firearms of 18th-20th Century North America, comes from Owsley Brown Frazier, Chairman of the Museum. See rifles that belonged to George Washington and Teddy Roosevelt and a bow, quiver, and arrows said to have belonged to Geronimo. Firearms of the Civil War and The Old West fill the first two floors.

On the third floor, British arms and armour dating back to the 1066 Battle of Hastings up through the 20th Century are on display. The Frazier has a special partnership with The Royal Armouries, Leeds creating the Royal Armouries, Louisville, providing for rotating displays from the U.K. "

If I want to see tanks, I'm less than 45 minutes from The General George Patton Armor Museum at Fort Knox.

And if I want to handle firearms I just go to The Closet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.