Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may very well be that I'm the only one who has thought of this, in which case, I wouldn't worry, it's probably not contagious, but it seems to me that on the "standard" board such as what is used at yourturnmyturn, the East-West connection is slightly easier than the North-South. In particular, the island spaces closest to the "equator" seem to be especially powerful. So, I was wondering if perhaps a board such as this might be preferable -

The four spaces where I have put red dots used to be part of the islands (compare to the representative image), and I've pushed those out.
Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McGuire
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
molnar wrote:
The four spaces where I have put red dots used to be part of the islands (compare to the representative image), and I've pushed those out.
Thoughts?

2 more data points to support your hypothesis.

Now that you mention it, in the two games of Atoll I've played the space you marked did seem overly important. I just hadn't played enough to determine if difference was real or just something that happened to pop up during a couple games with inexperienced players. I wouldn't call those space "overpowering" or anything, just slightly more powerful than average.

But how bad is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.