Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, this is a dull, non-game-related question, but can someone tell me where my wife should buy a cheap mobile phone to use for her two weeks in Scotland? Ideally I would be able to email the phone short messages from the US. In the U.S. you can buy a Virgin Mobile phone for fifty bucks and just pay as you go. Does something similar exist in the land of Haggis? My wife will be in Edinburgh. Thank you so much, I have never been to europe and am rather clueless.

I am including a picture of haggis for those of you that clicked on this thread and hoped to find something cool or interesting and are disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be multiple shops on the high-street where you can buy a pay as you go phone. Assuming she sees it as disposable you should be able get one for under £20.

There are a number of phone networks - I don't know which will be best for PAYG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can easily buy a pay-as-you-go phone in any town. Mobile phone shops are every few metres. I'm not joking. I bought my cheapo phone in WH Smiths for 10 quid.

Just tell her to be insistent, don't sign up to any plan, just demand a straight pay-as-you-go phone.

Don't eat the haggis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much, this is pretty helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.