15 Posts

Fury of Dracula (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Anyone can explain escape as bat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caio Almendra
Brazil
flag msg tools
What happens when dracula escape as bat? Or more important, where it is writen that escape as bat works differently then escape as mist or escape as man(it doesn't seems to have any upside compared to escape as mist)? Somewhere in this forum I read dracula can move after escape as bat, but this isn't explained on the rule book... There is even a combat chart that says that dracula also escape as bat(and so on can move addicionaly) when it bits a hunter. Is it true?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you have an older edition (?), the escape as bat card itself says you must move 1 or 2 spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elcomadreja2 wrote:
the escape as bat card itself says you must move 1 or 2 spaces.

...by road AND only if Dracula wins the combat roll! Dracula may not end his movement in a city with a hunter and not move through any "holy ground" in the process (i. e. cities with a "Heavenly Hosts" or "Consecrated Ground" marker or the Hospital of St. Joseph and St. Mary).

The explanatory text is always written on the lower left-hand part of the combat cards (in this case "Escape as Bat").

Another way for Dracula to gain this "extra" out-of-turn movement is when he manages to achieve a "Bite" combat result with the combat card "Fangs". This card also says (in the lower left-hand part) that Dracula immediately moves just as in "Escape as Bat" after combat in this special case.

The main difference/disadvantage(?) between "Escape as Bat" and "Escape as Mist" is that "Escape as Mist" virtually always works for Dracula (even if he loses the combat roll!) - only exception being the hunters' combat card "Holy Water", while for "Escape as Bat", he actually needs to win the combat roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caio Almendra
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thanks folks. One more question, how dracula moves when he escape as a bat? Does he simply put another location card, and another encounter, as always? This movement matures encounter?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I would assume that he plays a location card for the city that he actually ends up in (not any skipped cities), but cannot place an encounter there, as encounters are placed during the action phase and he is either a) in a hunter turn because he was found or b) already after his own "encounter part" of the action phase as he already had to choose to fight.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soldato J
United States
No
Texas
flag msg tools
Questions to ask

1) it is good for Dracular to use escape as bat that he can advance one more location card in oder to mature a New Vampire(say 2 points to win)

2) "Vampire Lair" just geneates one Combat round(one dice for each party), right? Or it is only end up a "END"?

3) In the Vampire Lair Fight, Dracula cannot use night-card as it is in the morning?

4)Another word to say, can a hero be kill if he is full of hit-point while dracula is in the morning and can only use Claw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soldatoJ wrote:
Questions to ask

1) it is good for Dracular to use escape as bat that he can advance one more location card in oder to mature a New Vampire(say 2 points to win)

2) "Vampire Lair" just geneates one Combat round(one dice for each party), right? Or it is only end up a "END"?

3) In the Vampire Lair Fight, Dracula cannot use night-card as it is in the morning?

4)Another word to say, can a hero be kill if he is full of hit-point while dracula is in the morning and can only use Claw?

1. No. As stated from a card text: "When moving in bat form replace the Location card of the city you are currently in with the facedown Location card of the city you are moving to. Do not place an encounter on it".

2. Not one round. One full combat.

3. If this fight occur during the day Dracula cannot use his night cards.

4. It's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soldato J
United States
No
Texas
flag msg tools
More question to ask about

1) "Vampire Lair" geneates one full combat,
so before a bite or a kill(hunter) or 3 continue or Escape(either side),
the fight will continue?

2)So it is possible for the hunter to reduce the Vampire Point from 5 to 0!! If it is luckies enough?

3)For Vampire Lair, Trap or Advance planning is OK to use?

4) For Vampire Lair, Garlic or Rage is OK to use?

5) For Vampire Lair, Wild Horse is OK to use?

6) Great Strength should be use immediate after a wound, or after the end of a combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soldato J
United States
No
Texas
flag msg tools
One more silly question,

would agent take wound?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soldatoJ wrote:
More question to ask about

1) "Vampire Lair" geneates one full combat,
so before a bite or a kill(hunter) or 3 continue or Escape(either side),
the fight will continue?

or Hunter win

2)Nope. If hunter wins, he reduce Vampire track on one point.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) Nope. It's stated from the card text.

6) You should use Great Strenght immediatly after you take a wound or bite. You cancel this wound or bite.

soldatoJ wrote:
One more silly question,

would agent take wound?

From FAQ

Q: Can Dracula’s Agents take wounds?
A: No, Agents do not take wounds – the Tactics cards are
designed so that combat with Agents only produces
Killed, Continue, and End results, as well as wounds for
the Hunter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jay
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm just following up on this question as I'm a noob myself in this game!

1) May I confirm when playing Vampire Lair, the hunters battle a full combat round with 'Dracula', until one escapes? how to decide which party loses?

2) What happens if the hunter loses?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evincar wrote:
Hello, I'm just following up on this question as I'm a noob myself in this game!

1) May I confirm when playing Vampire Lair, the hunters battle a full combat round with 'Dracula', until one escapes? how to decide which party loses?

Thanks in advance

1) When playing Vampire Lair, Hunter participate in combat with Vampire who possess same skills (e.g. same skill cards in the game) as a Dracula. Page 15 of Rules. Definition of Combat: Combat occurs between a Hunter and either Dracula or one of his Agents. It takes place as a series of combat rounds, ending only when one of the combatants is either killed, defeated, Bitten, or escapes.

2) Combat also ends if a Hunter is Bitten or reduced to zero Health. If a Hunter is reduced to zero Health, he is defeated. See page 20 for more information on defeated Hunters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jay
Singapore
flag msg tools
Legion of DOOM wrote:
soldatoJ wrote:
Questions to ask

1. No. As stated from a card text: "When moving in bat form replace the Location card of the city you are currently in with the facedown Location card of the city you are moving to. Do not place an encounter on it".

2. Not one round. One full combat.

3. If this fight occur during the day Dracula cannot use his night cards.

4. It's possible.

Question; Since the card says 'replace the location you are currently in with the facedown location of the city you are moving to', does that mean you remove the city from the trail and place another location card (1 or 2 cities) away (no encounters) and return the original city back to the location deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jay
Singapore
flag msg tools
Legion of DOOM wrote:
Evincar wrote:

Thanks in advance

1) When playing Vampire Lair, Hunter participate in combat with Vampire who possess same skills (e.g. same skill cards in the game) as a Dracula. Page 15 of Rules. Definition of Combat: Combat occurs between a Hunter and either Dracula or one of his Agents. It takes place as a series of combat rounds, ending only when one of the combatants is either killed, defeated, Bitten, or escapes.

2) Combat also ends if a Hunter is Bitten or reduced to zero Health. If a Hunter is reduced to zero Health, he is defeated. See page 20 for more information on defeated Hunters.

Again, that depends on the time marker right? if it happens during night time, then the 'vampire' gets all 8 combats cards and vice versa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evincar wrote:

Question; Since the card says 'replace the location you are currently in with the facedown location of the city you are moving to', does that mean you remove the city from the trail and place another location card (1 or 2 cities) away (no encounters) and return the original city back to the location deck?

Correct.

Evincar wrote:

Again, that depends on the time marker right? if it happens during night time, then the 'vampire' gets all 8 combats cards and vice versa?

You are right. 8 Dracula tactics cards at night and 3 Dracula tactics cards during day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.