BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Thinking of going to Origins on Saturday but have a question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Embark
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Cleveland so the drive isn't that far. I was thinking about going down on Saturday to check things out since I have never been before. However, I had a question to ask before I make the trip.

As active duty military, I can get in all week for $35. However, it is the same cost as a one day pass. If I wanted to get into the War Room, would I need to pay an additional 16 dollars? If I wanted to get into the Board Room I would need to pay another 16 dollars on top of that?

I am curious about the convention but if it is going to cost me 70 dollars to play a few games, I don't think I am going. That seems like a lot of money for space to play some games for one day.

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you will need to buy those ribbons if you want to enter those rooms, unless you buy the generic tokens. Each token is only a few bucks per hour (don't know the exact price, haven't bought them myself). The Exhibit hall has alot to do and that is included in your badge price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Embark
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the reply. It looks like I will be staying home then. Too much money to play games for one day.

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think it's a crummy system - just one of the reasons why I'm a fairly vocal opponent of that particular game fair. When I was demoing a game in the main miniatures hall it was just empty, most of the time, probably due to that particular system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hong
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude how did you get stationed in ohio as active duty? Ini? recruiter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Embark
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I run a recruiting sub station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, you can come to the fair for $3. That's enough to get you in and look around.

To play games costs more, but if you're only coming for one day, no need to go to the Board Room, there's plenty of open gaming elsewhere.

Or come to the Board Room - yes, it's $16 more - but you get a free game which is most likely worth that amount of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A clarification:

You can not buy a Board Room ribbon with the $3 pass. You must have the "real" badge.

Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.