4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: My Backyard Game for Kids and Adults rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harold Johnson

Ohio
msg tools
It's called 'Real Army Men & Dinosaurs' and uses common components most boys have under the age of ten have..plastic army men and dinosaurs!

It's a miniature style war game and I tried to make it as simple as possible.

I would REALLY like to know what you all think and if you get a chance to play it, post your pictures and your thoughts on improvement or strategy ideas.

Thanks and enjoy!

http://www.griffinstoychest.com/Real-Army-Men-and-Dinosaurs....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like some good work you've done there, and I applaud your motivations.

Have you looked at (or played) Dino Wars?
It came out in a Dragon magazine and is the first game I think of when talking about army men and dinosaurs.

Of course, Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie made Dino Wars superfluous.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Johnson

Ohio
msg tools
reapersaurus wrote:
Looks like some good work you've done there, and I applaud your motivations.

Have you looked at (or played) Dino Wars?
It came out in a Dragon magazine and is the first game I think of when talking about army men and dinosaurs.

Of course, Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie made Dino Wars superfluous.....

No I haven't! But man, are you sharp! That looks funny and I will definitely read on because that seems exactly like the same concept I came up with..sigh.

Anyhow, I applaud YOUR knowledge of past games and thank you very much for the post, that's great info!

Yes, I kind of wanted to write a rules section and description of the game that was complete and as well designed as my limited web page skills could make it

I did an earlier version that was much more 'spartan' but then I tasked myself to do better

I imagine I can still work on that and would like to include some info from that great game you mentioned..I am amazed!

Thanks

** Did a web search for Dino Wars but still have not been able to find the complete rules as of yet..I will keep looking though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Johnson

Ohio
msg tools
My 'just for fun' game now has a Facebook Page..become a fan!

If you get a chance to play, let me know here or on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1294808637&v=feed&sto...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.