Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Brady
Australia
Orange
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that it could, but I cannot find a clarification of that in any geek query here, nor on Talking Game, nor on the forums at Dungeon Twister.
We found a deadly combination to be a dragon, seven league boots and a scroll of reconstruction!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens www.spielefreun.de
Germany
Heinersreuth
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext is really cool. The best 100 GG I've ever spent.
badge
Well. I'm actually bored with overtext. Why did I give all that GG away?
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course the Red Dragon can use the boots. He can also use the ring of teleportation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
AmbrosiusAurelianus wrote:
We played that it could, but I cannot find a clarification of that in any geek query here, nor on Talking Game, nor on the forums at Dungeon Twister.
We found a deadly combination to be a dragon, seven league boots and a scroll of reconstruction!

First of all: Thank you for considering my blog an authoritative source. I appreciate it a great deal.

Second: There is a FAQ at Legobelin.net - http://legobelin.net/faq_en.php - it's an excellent searchable resource. More easily searchable than my blog, in fact. I should probably put a link at the top of my "General Clarifications" page. You can also check out dungeontwister.org's forums - it has all of the folks on the dungeontwister.com forums, but is more active.

Third: That's a potentially brutal combination. Very brutal. If you can pull it off. It's three VP's (more if you manage to kill a Dragon with it). But it also costs a LOT of actions (Move boots to Dragon, Breathe Fire, Move Dragon, Breathe Fire, Reconstruct Boots, Move boots to Dragon, Move Dragon, Breathe Fire), and has several terrain-based vulnerabilities (mist, anti-magic room, no-fly rooms) and it also depends on your characters getting their hands on the Boots AND the Scroll. Since your opponent places them when they appear, it's not as easy as it sounds, and crowding your two starting line rooms leaves no room for opposing targets characters.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brady
Australia
Orange
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Of course the Red Dragon can use the boots. He can also use the ring of teleportation.

Well, we knew about the Ring, and we guess it can use other rings, but the Boots just seemed like another logical leap we had to make - like, it can't move (we assume it is too big to walk through the dungeon corridors), but it can put on boots and just take off??!!!
So, I just thought I'd get other points of view.

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brady
Australia
Orange
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,
Many thanks for LegoBelin, that site is brilliant. Just discovered that you can't place items on Falling rocks when revealing a room (oops).blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,
Many thanks for LegoBelin, that site is brilliant.

Indeed. What a great resource. I've bookmarked it.
Thanks, Eric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,
Many thanks for LegoBelin, that site is brilliant. Just discovered that you can't place items on Falling rocks when revealing a room (oops).blush

Not in mist either so rocks made sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Eric,
Many thanks for LegoBelin, that site is brilliant.

Indeed. What a great resource. I've bookmarked it.
Thanks, Eric!
Too bad it's dead now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.