United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
With the game now DOA, some stores are looking to get their last sales in. However, some are cutting their losses to make room for the "next big thing."

I was lucky enough to come across one of those latter stores this week. I ran into an eBay item for a sealed display of Ground Assault boosters for only $30. Since I never bought a lot from that set, and seeing that the seller was local, I inquired about a local pick-up, plus any additional boosters.

The seller told me that he had a total of 69 Ground Assault boosters, 2 sealed boxes, plus the remnants of a third. And he offered me the lot at the same rate, $1.25 a pack. I agreed, and went down to his shop this afternoon, after work.

Turns out he had much more than that. In addition to the Ground Assault packs, he also had 10 Base Set, 31 Order 66, 15 Scum & Villiany, and 13 Clone Wars boosters. He offered me the same rate for these additional 69 packs. A total of $170 for all 138 packs.

Then, he offered me an even bigger deal. For $20 more, he included the 5 remaining Clone Wars construced deck sets he had left (3 Anakins and 2 Obi-Wans; I only had one of each), plus his remaining Base Set foil promos, and his stacks of Base Set and Clone Wars promo packs.

$190 for the lot, plus tax. I talked it down to an even $200.

Now, I get to open all of these things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.